Options

Refreshed my Lab (pics)

tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
Well, since i started my CCNP-RS goal.. i decided to add another switch to the family and go for SWITCH exam first.

I dont have a rack, so without getting OCD.. here it is.. clean enough to get the job done.

IMAG0457.jpg
IMAG0459.jpg

goal is 2 months maxx for switch.. i already have an RS background.

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice. I see you have a Catalyst 3750 and maybe a 2800 ISR in there. Maybe you can get a Skeletek rack to mount them too. They're pretty cheap and solid.
  • Options
    My lab consists of the following..

1 x 3745 loaded with all the goodies (carrier emulated, WICs, VWICS, Serials, DSPs etc.. )
    2 x 2811 loaded with all resources required. VWIC's / DSP's
    1 x 2801 loaded as well..
    1 x 2650 loaded as well (used this intially for my GK via a T1,. but then cisco shifted to SAF/CCD)
    1 x 881W (home gateway)

1 x 3750-48-power
    1 x 3550-48-EMI
    1 x 3524-24
    1 x 2960-24

1 x 7970
    4 x 7940
    CIPC's across all desktops/laptops/servers

2 servers,. vmware desktop and ESXi running multiple call managers and unity connection.

I thought about getting a rack.. but im just lazy lol
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Thanks!.. I plan on just making some custom short cables between the switches.. something about how long they are just bother me.. ocd kickin in.!
  • Options
    sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    Looks good. Nice and clean cabling.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nice lab! thanks for sharing! You probably gave me that extra motivation to take my CCNA Security exam lol man i know i can take it and pass it, i already studied twice for it and the material is easy , but damn i have been lazy! lol
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    man that is sweet. i love seeing lab pics! :D

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    That does look pretty impressive
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    RickRandhawaRickRandhawa Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Glad to see you in the R&S section brother! :D

I never made it through the CCNP Voice...the idea of working with phones/video seemed cool in theory, but after making it through the extremely dry CVOICE exam and 1 month into the CIPT1, I realized it wasn't for me. I'm currently finishing up my CCNP R&S and launching straight into the CCIE.
  • Options
    Thanks All..

Rick... man.. voice was brutal .CVOICE was dry and killer but the cbts helped and having the lab really made the difference. Glad to be be on the RS forums.. i gotta sharpen my RS skills now. CCIE... i cant even think about that right now.. lol.. good job tho!
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    STILL no rack!?!?! Slacker! ;)

Looking good man!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    hahah.. man the next shot its gonna be like tower high and no rack... i know, i gotta get one b/c any sort of reorder to the setup is a PITA.
  • Options
    tokhss wrote: »
    hahah.. man the next shot its gonna be like tower high and no rack... i know, i gotta get one b/c any sort of reorder to the setup is a PITA.

Reordering is always a pain, rack ot not. I'm looking at a complet re-work myself unless I can find a creative way to stick this in there :P

scaled.php?server=854&filename=c200m1.jpg&res=medium

I still very much have switch envy :)
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wow! Looks awesome :)_
  • Options
    Dude what the hell is that ? lol look good tho.. im gonna guess its running CUCM with the name of UCS and slot load hard drives with an intel sticker on the side.

btw.. i still envy your setup.. one day i will get a rack and stack but not this year.. maybe next year. lol
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Dude what the hell is that ? lol look good tho.. im gonna guess its running CUCM with the name of UCS and slot load hard drives with an intel sticker on the side.

btw.. i still envy your setup.. one day i will get a rack and stack but not this year.. maybe next year. lol

It's a Cisco UCS rackmount server, I believe.
  • Options

LOL! It’s a Cisco general purpose 1U rack mount server – part of their “Unified Computing System” line. To make things more confusing, virtual Unified Communications servers now “officially” run on UCS hardware. I’ve decommissioned the Dell PowerEdge lab servers and now run everything via vSphere on the C200(dual quad Xeon E5520s, 24GB RAM, 6x GBe NICs) - It was one of those late night, too much to drink, eBay acquisitions. :)
  • Options
    nice! well, tax returns are near.. game on. lol
  • Options
    waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice, a brief explanation of what you have would be appreciated.
    I see 4 switches 2900? 3560? 3750 and possibly 5 routers.
  • Options
    waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry missed the rest of the reply please ignore my last post.
  • Options
    Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    LOL! It’s a Cisco general purpose 1U rack mount server – part of their “Unified Computing System” line. To make things more confusing, virtual Unified Communications servers now “officially” run on UCS hardware. I’ve decommissioned the Dell PowerEdge lab servers and now run everything via vSphere on the C200(dual quad Xeon E5520s, 24GB RAM, 6x GBe NICs) - It was one of those late night, too much to drink, eBay acquisitions. :)

Well that is the best way to build a decent voice lab. I dont think i would have half the gear that i own right now with out those late night, had one to many eBay acquisitions. Really the only way to do it.
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
  • Options
    wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Respect!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • Options
    NetworkPeteNetworkPete Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just bought a 27$ rack...you cant beat it with a stick!
    It's 12u, should be enough to hold your stuff, provided I counted right.
    I just picked it up with a 12 outlet power/surge strip that fits in 1U space too...
    I highly recommend them.