Options

i need help!

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have been a CCNA certified person since last December. From that time to now, what i could only do was applying for jobs
and repetition of CCNA. Moreover, make decision on which path i should take next. I chose CCNP Route first. However,
haven't started it yet. But on the other side, i doubt that i also go for system and server path a little bit.

1- Which resources do you suggest me to get the job done on system side(resources like or dummies) without taking a course?

2- My purpose on taking CCNP Route is primarily to recertificate. Which cases/subjects are the most important in this one?
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you have a network or systems job yet?
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you don't have a job where you can apply CCNA skills, I would recommend getting one first before considering CCNP.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    If you don't have a job where you can apply CCNA skills, I would recommend getting one first before considering CCNP.

Big +1. A CCNP with no experience is almost useless. You need practical skills and hands on experience. Then look at the CCNP.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I strongly agree with the other 3 posters. I wouldnt stop studying for the CCNP, but your priority should be getting a job that lets you put the stuff learned into action on live gear.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    I say go for the CCNP, not for the cert, but for the knowledge that you'll gain from it. Not only will you be more comfortable in a technical interview, but having a CCNP may help you get those entry level position.
  • Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Studying for the CCNP can't hurt but it's right that you will need to couple it with experience to be useful. No one's going to let you screw around with their network with no experience behind you. If you want to bone up on the systems side the best way would be to screw around in a virtual environment. Install a domain controller/exchange server with a client or two and muck around. If you can set it up on an ESXi server you'll also get some vmware experience