Options

Passed TSHOOT

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed TSHOOT on Friday and scored 945.

The exam was really enjoyable as it was very similar to what you see deployed in the field.

To pass this exam I'd give the following tips:

- get to know the topology (can download it from official Cisco learning site)
- ping and traceroute along with the usual routing and switching troubleshooting commands are key
- lab up and if you have experience deploying data centre dist an access switches along with setting up new wan circuits etc should stand you in good stead.

Sitting the switch exam on Thursday this week so fingers crossed. Sat the TSHOOT exam before switch due to exam test centre scheduling / availability. I've already passed ROUTE so one more for CCNP after on/off study for about 3 years!

CCDP ARCH will follow that next year as already got CCDA.

Good luck to anyone else taking the exam!

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with SWITCH
  • Options
    l!ghtl!ght Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What was the primary source for your studies? Did you have lots of experience?
    Jesus saves!
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks folks, had to delay the SWITCH exam until 27th December due to work resourcing. Will let you know how I get on.
    l!ght wrote: »
    What was the primary source for your studies? Did you have lots of experience?

The only resources I used for this was GNS3 mocking up the lab that Cisco provide and skimmed through the ciscopress book and took some notes. I also watched some of the CBT nuggets from route and switch on the areas I didn't do as much on a day to day basis.

I've worked in data centre and service providers / cisco gold partners for a number of years doing network design and implementation so experience was my main asset here.

The lab topology was fairly straight forward compared to some of the networks I work on, although I'm not by any means saying the exam was easy.

You definitely need to know what you're doing and I was surprised my score was so high despite feeling comfortable throughout the exam.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man! :D

Good luck on the last one!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck on the switch