Options

Best web-based IT Training

gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
Hello,

My company is looking at rolling out a web-based technical training program and we are leaning towards SkillSoft to be our vendor of choice however I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with another vendor that may be a better option.

Looking at IT Skills including programming, web design, microsoft certifications, comptia certifications, networking, database, project management, adobe, office, etc..

Thanks!
WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Working in the DoD you may already have access to SkillSoft. Not sure about other branches, but even after leaving Active Duty and working for a Defense contractor with the Air Force, I had access to SkillSoft via the Air Force Portal.
  • Options
    Everyone wrote: »
    Working in the DoD you may already have access to SkillSoft. Not sure about other branches, but even after leaving Active Duty and working for a Defense contractor with the Air Force, I had access to SkillSoft via the Air Force Portal.

As a DoD contractor I do have access to SkillSoft, however my employer has other employees that aren't contractors who don't have access. Also, the SkillSoft library seems limited to what is available for DoD vs. IT Skills Suite.

Thanks,
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)

• Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    At my company, we have access to CBT Nuggets. It's just ok. I don't think they into enough detail, so it really shouldn't the primary study source if they are wanting people to be certified.
  • Options
    swild,

Thanks for the information. Have you used SkillSoft previously by any chance? I agree most sources for certification should be multiple. I'll inquire with CBT and see what they can provide.

• Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I have not used SkillSoft. Not sure if they offer a corporate training structure, but I recently used Transcender and would advise against them.