Options

CCNP Switch Study mate

heliuminsideheliuminside Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there anybody willing to create a study group for the CCNP Switch exam. I am planning on taking this is exam next year late January, or early February. Depending on the situation the exam date will be determined between these two months.

Currently using CCNP Switch Foundation Learning Guide, and also CBT Nuggets by Jeremy Cioara.

I am familiar with most of the topics and have a solid understanding for many of them.
Even though I am still at the second chapter of this book, I have read the book once and watched Jeremy's videos.

I want to someone along because it is way more fun also makes you progress faster, and you'll be able to understand better the material or some points where you are not sure of yourself, so in two words to solidify the matierial in your mind.

Anyone interested in joining me, is welcome all the way. I will try to be helpful. We'll sort this out together. Feel free to ask questions.

Regards, heliuminside.

Comments

• Options
    Hi again,

Well I am really surprised 44 people read this topic and still no replies. Anyway I wanted to add that I already passed the 642-902 ROUTE exam, also if there is no reply here for another 24 hours It would be nice that someone from the Moderation team to delete this thread, no need to bother anyone so I will be continuing my studies alone.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Study groups don't seem to fare too well on here. I guess because different timezones, different schedules and varying motivation levels make it difficult to mesh several people together on the same track. I think that's why the forums are so popular because you can post what you need when you need it and people can reply when they are able to as well. It spreads the wealth around - so to speak - so people can engage and disengage in technical discussions when they feel like it and not be bound to a more defined "group"

I'm studying for SWITCH right now as well, please feel free to PM me or post on here if you're having toruble with certain topics or seek clarification - that's why the CCNP forum exists on TE icon_smile.gif
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    vinbuck wrote: »
    Study groups don't seem to fare too well on here. I guess because different timezones, different schedules and varying motivation levels make it difficult to mesh several people together on the same track. I think that's why the forums are so popular because you can post what you need when you need it and people can reply when they are able to as well. It spreads the wealth around - so to speak - so people can engage and disengage in technical discussions when they feel like it and not be bound to a more defined "group"

I'm studying for SWITCH right now as well, please feel free to PM me or post on here if you're having toruble with certain topics or seek clarification - that's why the CCNP forum exists on TE icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I think I shall continue this journey alone, anyway can someone delete this thread on my behalf.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum. Finding a study mate on a forum isn't easy and Vinbuck's PM exchange offer was very generous. You only started this thread yesterday. Why so impatient? You young guys should learn from Johnny Appleseed. Things take time to grow.

Anyhow, good luck with your studies.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Always remember you can create more threads if you run into questions during your studies and I'm someone will answer you. Think of the forum as your study group icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Packet-JockeyPacket-Jockey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi heliuminside, sounds good. Switch is the first exam im taking on the NP track, ive covered a lot of material already, CP OCG, nuggets, and am labbing as much as I can right now. In the immediate future I will be off line with the holidays (spending the hols with the inlaws ;). So listen if you want to bounce topics/suggestions off me, feel free to do so.
    P-J
  • Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I started studying for my SWITCH exam beginning of this month, so it looks like we have several people that would be willing to offer feedback. In regards to a study group though, I just don't think I'll be a good "study partner" with my schedule. With family and work, I barely have the time to get my reading in.

Our company closed early today, I ran off to buy my daughter a last minute gift and I'm back in my office reading and about to lab up some FHRPs! My exam is scheduled for the 2nd of January, however depending on how my next few days go, I may push that back a week or so.

As the others said, feel free to PM and I hope to be seeing some passes for the SWITCH exam soon!
  • Options
    CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've briefly dabbled in the SWITCH topics over the past week. I've got my CCNA Security test scheduled for 1/9/12 and after that it's gonna be SWITCH study til May. In May I am going to a CCNP SWITCH bootcamp and then I will be brute-forcing the test til I pass :D
  • Options
    Well after all I think I was very impatient, I am sorry about that because nowadays it is hard to be patient for people of my age. The topic seems to have got the attention this time.

I'd like to thank everybody for their time to reply here, and also thank you all for your help offers. Nice community, well maybe time has changed and people regardless of their state think that the forum way is better. I will have to agree to that portion as well as to studying alone. I really didn't put the time management of other people into the field so it was left behind, now I understand better.

Also as a respect of gratitude anyone feel free to ask stuff about ROUTE or SWITCH material wise, and I am still open for CCNA questions too.

Again thanks to you all for your responses.
  • Options
    ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    Don't worry about it... we are all impatient. -= big grin =-

I don't know where I'd be without those on here. I disappear for awhile but I just keep coming back.

It's like my addiction... bet ya can't eat just one! :)
  • Options
    trikitriki Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Googe + hangout would probably be a good place to do a study group and if there is a set schedule for this study group am in