Info Sec education advice needed

Whats up guys? I was trying to find info about WGU and found this site. I've been a lurker here for a few weeks and I must give due thanks to everyone here as the information I've found here is invaluable. Thanks TE! icon_cool.gif

I am interested in seasoned Info Sec guys opinion of WGU - specifically what kind of rep do they have in the IT world (if any)? I realize their is a q/a thread for WGU here but I wasn't sure if any of the security guru's here went there much so I apologize in advance if I'm in violation.

I plan on transferring into their BS IT-Security program after I get my AAS at my local community college - which I would get Security+ and CCNA:Security certs, as well as a bunch of other "foundation level" certs. After the BS, I'd like to get a MS in Info Sec and Assurance - which I would get the EC-Council CEH and CHFI certs, as well as Giac ISO-2700. Ultimately I'd like to get into Pen Testing. I'm thinking with the network knowledge I'll get, I should lean more towards network pen testing, then maybe in the future start learning more about the app/os aspects of pen testing (OSCP stuff). Does this sound like a good plan? (I do plan on getting more knowledge and other certs after my MS specifically to pen testing) Do pen testers typically just stick to either network or app/os? Is it feasible to have the goal of mastering both aspects?

I think WGU is a good program for people like me with virtually no experience, limited knowledge, and no bankroll. I kind of look at it as a way to get some knowledge and certs I need to establish a decent foundation, without investing any of my nonexistent money as I can receive financial aid. The fact that I get a BS and MS degree along the way of course is a plus. Is my logic okay here or am I anyway off base? That seems way to long for a first post lol, just wanted to cover all my bases. Thanks TE! :D
IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
(Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
Required:
SBT1 RGT1 RIT1