CompTIA Storage+ beta

humdingy02humdingy02 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
If any of you took the beta for CompTIA's Storage+ (Powered by SNIA), you might want to check your email and update your demographics with CompTIA.
WGU - BS, IT Security (starting Feb 1st, 2012)
Remaining: LUT1,QBT1,DFV1,BOV1,HHT1,QLT1,RIT1,IWC1,IWT1,DJV1,KET1,TPV1,MGC1,CVV1,CJV1,KFT1,CNV1,SBT1,RGT1
Completed: WFV1,CLC1,INT1,CUV1,CQV1,BNC1,GAC1
Transferred: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,AXV1,CPV1,INC1,CSV1,COV1,CTV1,DHV1,BVC1

Comments

• wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did not get any e-mails from CompTIA, maybe I failed and they do not need my updated info ..
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Wow. I passed. Easiest exam I've ever taken.

I studied for 2 hours before taking it. Another cert for my file.

Looks like no logos or certificates released yet.
  • theb1gtheb1g Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the demographics email as well on friday. not sure what I will do with the cert though
    It is confirmed, I failed ..
    apparently pearson vue is sending people their score report i got a 727 barely passed but didn't study so i can't complain
  • humdingy02humdingy02 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    756, and here I thought I was close. I was surprised that they actually sent the score report, my Windows 7 beta report just said pass.
    WGU - BS, IT Security (starting Feb 1st, 2012)
    Remaining: LUT1,QBT1,DFV1,BOV1,HHT1,QLT1,RIT1,IWC1,IWT1,DJV1,KET1,TPV1,MGC1,CVV1,CJV1,KFT1,CNV1,SBT1,RGT1
    Completed: WFV1,CLC1,INT1,CUV1,CQV1,BNC1,GAC1
    Transferred: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,AXV1,CPV1,INC1,CSV1,COV1,CTV1,DHV1,BVC1
    theb1g wrote: »
    apparently pearson vue is sending people their score report i got a 727 barely passed but didn't study so i can't complain

what was the passing score?
    the passing score is 720
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    No score report today. I called Vue and they said I would have to contact CompTIA. Didn't even bother. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. I'm dying to find out what I made.
  • nmillernmiller Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    if you all don't mind me asking, what are you all using to study for this exam? CompTIA's site doesn't have anything available it appears. I'm really interested in taking this exam as soon as possible now that it has been officially released as of Jan 18th, but they don't have any books or wbt classes available to study for the exam.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Read Information Storage and Management cover-to-cover and you should pass. Read up on RAIDs and hard disks too to ensure you pass easily.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    Essendon wrote: »
    Read Information Storage and Management cover-to-cover and you should pass. Read up on RAIDs and hard disks too to ensure you pass easily.
    thanks for study guide hint Amazon.com: Information Storage and Management: Storing, Managing, and Protecting Digital Information (9780470294215): EMC Education Services: Books Is this exam only theoretical? No practical storage know how necessary?
  • sh runsh run Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was also going to ask if anyone else has passed the Storage+ recently. And I noticed EMC has an updated ISM coming out; I put it on my wishlist: Amazon.com: Information Storage and Management: Storing, Managing, and Protecting Digital Information (9781118094839): EMC Education Services: Books