Options

New Job!!

I've been offered a job with a pretty large managed services provider. I'll be staring on Jan 2nd. and I'm pretty excited about it. I don't have benefits at my current job and the pay is pretty bad. At the new job I'll be on salary, have benefits and vacation and will get a nice raise. They offer training and certification reimbursement and I will get much more exposure to technologies I want to work with in larger environments. I've been at my current job right at 11 months and it was great for getting back into IT after many years. However, I'll be very happy to have the focus go from small local gov't, residential, and small business to larger businesses. Oh yeah my commute is also going from an hour each way to just about 20 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like a bunch of pro's and no con's (that you know of)
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    bababooey1bababooey1 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Congrats... Keep us informed.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It does sound superb. Congrats!
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Well, I'm a few weeks in and things are going great. Training was a bit of a mess because the training manager quit right before I started and then there was a bunch of craziness that happened that was much worse coming after the holidays. I'm getting settled in to the daily routine now though. Learning a ton and also refreshing a lot of stuff I've learned or labbed but forgot or never got to use in the real world. There are some things about the company that reminds me of IT companies before the dot com bubble burst. This company obviously wants to attract talent and keep it.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new job. Good to hear things are going well for you.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...