Passed the JN0-101 (JNCIA-Junos)

lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I took the JN0-101 this morning and passed with a 90%. A passing score is 66%. I used O'Reilly's Junos Enterprise Switching book for a majority of my studies and watch some CBT Nuggets (but the instructor seemed to fumble his way through the lectures). I also have about 1-1/2 years working on Juniper EX switches and Juniper SRX Firewalls so working within Junos is familiar to me.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Moving on to more Juniper certs or another direction?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Currently attending WGU so I'll be going back to that, once finished I'll probably move onto more Juniper certs as I forsee a change in the networking world. Unless Cisco makes some drastic changes with their platform, pricing, etc., I feel Juniper will take over as market leader in a few years.
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Congrats mate! With your SRX experience you have a good head start on the JNCIS/JNCIP path.

I didn't even know there was a cbt nuggets out for the JNCIA exam otherwise I might have bought it!
  • lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ya, it just came out a couple months ago, it's wasn't the best but it definately helped.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Congrats! I was also unaware that CBT nuggets has a CBT for this.
    I just watched one of the videos on the site for this and can't say the instructor really grabs me.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Very cool that there are some videos that are being made now, However, I do agree that the instructor isn't the most "captivating". On a side note I just recorded a video on Router IDs, was about 12 mins long and I think they're going to feature these new videos we're doing on the Juniper Learning Portal (Fast Track). I believe that it's going to be some more free material like the other free stuff in there. There will be a other videos from other Juniper employees too.

Oh, also, congrats on the pass :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • networknubbinnetworknubbin Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to make an account to post this...I had a *really* bad experience with the JNCIA CBT from them.

I grabbed this one via our corporate account and while I can say that some parts of it "could" be useful to beginners, the instructor was completely unfit to be teaching that course.

I was by far the worst CBT I've ever watched in my life. I've never had a problem with anything from CBT nuggets, most of their videos are simply the best available. The Cisco videos (from jeremy) are completely fantastic.

Throughout the series I became increasingly embarrassed for Bobby (the instructor) - In many cases he was completely unaware of how to accomplish a task, and/or simply doing it completely wrong without knowing it.

In many cases he was simply reading directly (without paraphrasing) the material provided by Juniper. No insight was ever provided from him. I'm not sure he ever touched a device before he started recording.

I HIGHLY recommended avoiding this at all costs. It's just painful to watch
    Good to know incase this guy does any of the other Juniper certs! Plus, the course materials you buy from juniper.net are probably the best source of material for studying at home anyway in my opinion.
  • networknubbinnetworknubbin Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lrb wrote: »
    Good to know incase this guy does any of the other Juniper certs! Plus, the course materials you buy from juniper.net are probably the best source of material for studying at home anyway in my opinion.

Yeah, I'd definitely agree. I would have been happier if he was reading/sourcing his material from those books even...He was just reading directly from the free fast-track material...Really no value added at all