Options

Wireshark University

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Has anyone done any of the online courses? If they aren't too bad, 699 isn't a high price. Especially compared to something like SANS training.

https://lcuportal2.com/

Comments

• Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't seen them but I'd like to at some point. A good friend of mine has been taking them though and he says they are really good. He used to have a boatload of professional level Cisco certs so I'm taking his word for it.
    :study:
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Man, at $699 that is quite tempting...wonder if we can make a group and get a group discount or something...
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That would be nice if we could get a few people who were willing to do it.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    $699 and you can take all the courses? Not a bad deal at all, I have her book, just have yet to crack it open....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I wish I had the time to really invest in this. Wireshark makes your life so much easier. All the one way audio, switching, and other crazy issues can be solved with wireshark.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think packet inspection is something you can get by without spending 700 dollars in a class. There are many books, tutorials, examples, & tech blogs out there to make you a master at it. Save your 700 bucks for something else, take a nice female out to dinner and a movie. You can also use that 700 for CCIE equipment or books you were interested in.

I personally wouldn't spend 700 on packet inspection technology when in essence it is out there for free, including the software.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX