Options

Taking VCP class through a college

adml_shakeadml_shake Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
We are getting ready to move from a HyperV set up to a Vmware Vsphere 5 network at my work. The more I've been working with this the more I've found I've enjoyed it. I'd like to start working towards my VCP, but the cost of the class pretty much means I can't pay for it any time in the near future. And my boss shot me when I asked if work would (afraid I think that he would have to pay me more). So I'm wondering if I take it through one of the colleges listed on Vmwares site through a distance education program, does that count towards the class portion of the certification? I've sent emails off to a few of the schools but haven't gotten any reply's back yet.

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It sure does, fellow Hoosier. I am wrapping up the course at UCSC tomorrow. If I had to do it again, I might try CCC&TI as the timeframe is quicker; the price for each course is $1000. You also get a voucher at the end of the VMware Academy courses (at least through universities) for $125 towards the exam.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I'm rocking the CCC&TI course in January because of the faster timeframe. I'm studying on the side as well to get myself prepared. Can't wait for it to start. Give Ben Willis a shout. He helped me out. The classes fill up quick.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I loved the idea of the UCSC being self-paced. I talked with someone there about six months before my course and he indicated that many folks only spent two weeks doing their work. I started strong and talked to the professor who informed me that the course was/in self-paced, but there are designated dates for the mid-term and final and that you cannot get your approval to sit the VCP until the semester is officially over. So, I just stopped working on the course. I did the mid-term when it came out and then I picked up again yesterday to work on my labs and I will do my final today at lunch.

Now, I need to start really studying so I can pass the VCP4. I am going to use the "mastering" book and that is probably all. I have a lab at work, as well.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro