Options

Sonicwall Site to Site VPN tz 170 and tz 180

shahi1982shahi1982 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello,

like to get some help on site to site vpn on sonic wall,Tunnel is up but not able to ping the lan network ,only able to ping sonicwall gateway,but when i enter gateway of the internal network, the tunel is down...

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Do the logs mention any problems in building the tunnel? Both phases finished? Are there any firewall policies preventing traffic between the networks? Do you have the local and destination networks set correctly?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    i have network with say
    network 1
    160.25.25.0-254 with default gateway 160.25.25.254
    sonicwall wall tz 170 std ip : 160.25.25.253
    wan ip : static ip provided by ISP

network 2

150.150.150.0-254 with default gateway 150.150.150.254
    sonicwall wall tz 170 wireless enhanced
    dynamic no-ip.org
    wan cable is connected to ADSL...

i can ping both network sonicwall gateway...or u can say ...if i set the computer gateway to sonicwall ip..i can ping that pc,but i am not able to ping the pc with default gateway 160.25.25.254

waiting for your reply
  • Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not sure I fully understand what you are explaining in regards to what is and is not working on your VPN, but you mentioned a dynamic IP on one side of the IPSec tunnel, so make sure you have your VPN tunnel setup for aggressive mode as well as your UFI's properly setup. Follow the link below step by step and you should be able to get your tunnel up. If you post some log files that might help as well.

https://www.fuzeqna.com/sonicwallkb/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=7895
  • Options
    i am getting the below log ,IKE Responder: Default LAN gateway is set but peer is not proposing to use this SA as a default routeAnd also would like to know whether i can setup site to site with 2 sonicwall standardtz 170 and tz 180
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Are you trying to set this up so that all internet traffic is routed through one site? You'll want to read up on configuring the default lan gateway option then. Quote from their help file: Default LAN Gateway (optional) - If you want to use a router on the LAN for traffic entering this tunnel destined for an unknown subnet; for example, if you configured the other side to use Use this VPN Tunnel as default route for all Internet traffic, you should enter the IP address of your router into the Default LAN Gateway (optional) field.

If not then you'll want to clear the default lan gateway option, set it to 0.0.0.0. Yes it is definitely possible to setup a site to site vpn between standard OS and enhanced OS.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/