Options

70-647

magwitchmagwitch Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm working my way toward MCITP EA+SA and have had a lot of good advice from this forum so thanks to everyone who contributes. I used the MS training kits and have racked up decent if not spectacular 800+ scores on 640,642,643 and 680.

Then came 647, I faced off against this bad boy this morning. I've worked on multi-site/domain/forest projects so I felt like I knew my way around this stuff but 15 minutes into the test I felt like self harming! I thought there is no f*****g way I'm going to pass this and almost quit. But I forced calm on the situation and came away battered and bruised with a 718.

Moral of the story:

1. Just keep going, stay cool and you never know what can happen.

2. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE 647! The depth and width of knowledge tested is quite awesome.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the forum, this is where all the cool folks hang out! icon_wink.gif

The 647 sure is a beast, the sheer width of topics can be quite overwhelming. What's next?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    What's next?

I have 70-646 booked for the end of January. I think I'll do more labbing to prepare for this one than I did for 647.
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    I failed 647 with a 617 today. I would gladly take even a 700.

What study materials did you use for your passing score?

Andrew
  • Options
    drew2000 wrote: »
    I failed 647 with a 617 today. I would gladly take even a 700.

What study materials did you use for your passing score?

Andrew

Sorry for the late reply. I used the MS Self Paced Training Book and read it from cover to cover 4 times. I was bleeding from the eyes.

I passed 646 with a 947 this morning. While I'm pleased with that I felt like 1000 was at least a possibility when I finished. I had prepared pretty well and had "home court advantage" on the subject.

I'm strangely drawn to doing MCPD now. I think I may be addicted to preparing for and taking MS exams.