Options

Best Book for 70-640 exam

barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All

After passing my 70-680 configuring Win 7 exam I'm going to attempt the 70-640 next.

I used the MS Press book for the 70-680, would you say the MS Press book's are the best ones to follow or are there better alternatives?

Cheers:)
Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have passed most of my Microsoft exams using Technet as my main resource. It's the most comprehensive material out there and is from the vendor themselves, and it's free. I recommend the Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book too, it's an excellent reference resource. Read the exam blueprint and read the corresponding material on TechNet, you cannot go wrong. Good luck!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    barberj66 wrote: »
    Hi All

After passing my 70-680 configuring Win 7 exam I'm going to attempt the 70-640 next.

I used the MS Press book for the 70-680, would you say the MS Press book's are the best ones to follow or are there better alternatives?

Cheers:)

To get the 30,000 foot overview the MS press books are what you'll want. In order to get to the nitty gritty of everything, Technet is the way to go. I've been going over the MS press book first, followed by Technet, and quite a bit of lab time. Good luck on the 640!
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    method115method115 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hypntick wrote: »
    To get the 30,000 foot overview the MS press books are what you'll want. In order to get to the nitty gritty of everything, Technet is the way to go. I've been going over the MS press book first, followed by Technet, and quite a bit of lab time. Good luck on the 640!

Exactly what I've been doing also have come train signal/CBT nugget videos I plan to use.
  • Options
    elususelusus Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the MS Press book to pass my exam. I tried to use Sybex for a 2nd material and decided that it didn't really cover certain topics very well. Moved on to reading some technet and did a lot of labbing before the exam.
  • Options
    sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    I have passed most of my Microsoft exams using Technet as my main resource. It's the most comprehensive material out there and is from the vendor themselves, and it's free. I recommend the Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book too, it's an excellent reference resource. Read the exam blueprint and read the corresponding material on TechNet, you cannot go wrong. Good luck!

Agreed. And lab ad nauseum.

Then rinse and repeat.

Did I mention you need to lab? :)
  • Options
    barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cheers everyone I think I'll get the MS Press book as I like something in front of me to work through but I'll pad this out with Technet as everyone seems to use that.

And get myself labbing!
    I think I'll have a break over Christmas and start in the new year
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/