Options

Yet another 70-272 query

mbentmbent Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone.

I'm planning to take the 70-272 and 70-270 exams pretty much back-to-back, and I could use some pointers for both of those, especially the 70-272 test and if I should expect any SP2 questions.

I'm just finishing the Self-Paced Training Kit (by Walter Glenn), and so far it feels like a rip-off. Half of it is taken from the 70-271 book and the other half just tells how to install Office 2003. I refuse to believe that I'll pass the exam just by customizing Office toolbars. And, of course, it only briefly mentions SP2.

I've already taken the 70-271 test, and passed it with 850. It wasn't that hard, but it was harder than I expected. I studied with the MsPress Training Kit and with some practice exams, but I still got some questions that neither of those even mentioned.

I have approx. 2 years of work experience (including installing, troubleshooting, networking etc. with various Windows versions & Linux distros), and many people are saying that the 70-272 is easier than 70-271, but I don't want to take any chances since my employer doesn't pay for the exams.

Comments

• Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Here the deal, have you worked support end-users with IE, OE and Office?

If yes, then continue.

If no, then read and learn the details. All authors take their time and effort to write these books. If you dont know a procedure that is what the book is for. Not because I already know how to install Office 2003 that means I can pass the 272 exam. Its not so!

There may be several questions that I may not know. On other forums we had several test takers that are working in the field for many many years and have failed the exam. So my suggestion is to read and then see what you can or cant do.

Just my 1 7/8 mins of thought.
    What next?
  • Options
    mbentmbent Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jmc724 wrote:
    Here the deal, have you worked support end-users with IE, OE and Office?

If yes, then continue.

If no, then read and learn the details. All authors take their time and effort to write these books. If you dont know a procedure that is what the book is for. Not because I already know how to install Office 2003 that means I can pass the 272 exam. Its not so!

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that installing Office 2003 guarantees a passing score in 272, I didn't mean that. Yes, I've supported end-users on IE/OE/Office, but it's those little tidbits about each of those programs that will decide whether I pass or fail.

About the book: It's just that it's advertised as the "official, all-in-one exam prep for 70-272", and I think that's a little misleading. I don't know if you've read it, but I personally think that the Outlook & Word troubleshooting sections, for example, could include more than instructions to type in keywords to the Office help. OK, the Word section also mentions missing toolbars and linking files, but still.

I just think that Glenn's 271 book was a much better prep guide.