Options

How is the job market in Orlando for a network admin?

I'm planning to move there after I graduate from WGU and was wondering if it's a good place to find a job. I can't support the Canadian cold winter anymore icon_cool.gif.

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Quick keyword search for "Network Admin" on Dice and Monster didn't look good (no relevant results). "Network Engineer" actually produced a few results, but still not many.

Are you a U.S. Citizen? If not, will you be able to get citizenship quickly? That will probably affect you more than anything.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    you could also check out New Mexico and Arizona ... even las vegas has a fair bit of IT jobs
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    SyntaxSyntax Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Orlando has some network admin jobs, you have to look through the various sites to find them (indeed.com is a good one to start). A lot of them are looking for at least 5+ years experience in a networking role, not sure what your experience level is. Check with the various hospitals and health care places in the area, there's a significant amount of employment in that sector. Also check with major hotels and resorts as they are also big in that area.
  • Options
    phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    Everyone wrote: »
    Quick keyword search for "Network Admin" on Dice and Monster didn't look good (no relevant results). "Network Engineer" actually produced a few results, but still not many.

Are you a U.S. Citizen? If not, will you be able to get citizenship quickly? That will probably affect you more than anything.

Thanks to the NAFTA, Canadian Computer system analysts don't need any visa to work in USA. Only a job offer that has to be provided to the border agent. It's called the TN status.