Options

to late to turn around?

Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
Hello everyone,

I have been very undecided lately. I am 21 years old and finishing 2 associates one AA and the other an A.S. Already done with all my microsoft courses for MCITP and CCNA. I have been working in I.T for 3.5 years now and have my CCNA and recently my MCP.
At my current job i am very limited to networking and server side things since HQ is in S.A. I have noticed that the company is going towards a lot of web services and has their outside programmers that they hire per hour on a need basis which is pretty frequently. I was wondering if starting to learn programming/web services might be a good idea if the company is willing to spend the time and training on me like letting me study during work hours etc. What I am afraid of is not liking it and also that it might be a little to late to change majors. I have only done HTML in the past and liked it to be honest.

Your comments are welcomed.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Find what you like doing. I was on the server side, until I got into cisco, and then I found the IP telephony ever more fun. Find your passion the money will come as you will be better than most at it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
    shodown. I do love cisco more than microsoft. The only thing I dont know is about programming which i've never done. That's why i am afraid of trying it and spending time on it to learn later on that i dont like it at all.