Options

Any Veeam fans?

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Looking to get away from legacy BE 10d. Veeam is catching my eye, especially for VM backups. How is it with Exchange 03. Any input is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I use VEEAM and my experience with this product thus far is that it really isn't appropriate for Exchange backups. It does seem to have the capability of doing a VSS full backup of Exchange but I have never done a restore out of it. Probably time to upgrade that EX2003 box.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I didn't realize Veeam does not backup physical servers...
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Veeam is an ok product and it has it's place in the virtualization arsenal, but it is no replacement for a solid backup solution. If you are on BE 10D you may want to take a look at the updated BE 2010 especially with the Virtualization agent (VAAI solution) they released for it which can be purchased as an addon.

I've actually seen a decent number of clients disappointed with the latest Veeam product and I plan to bring this up to our contact after the holidays.

I agree with it_consultant in the fact its time to upgrade from Exchange 2003. The DAG capability on 2007/2010 is a wonderful feature and the efficiencies it brings may actually save a number of headaches.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11