Options

Taking SY0-201 tomorrow, please console me and tell me I'll do well

whyyoumadwhyyoumad Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Lol, just kidding about the title

I've studied Darril's book front to back, found out about it from Professor Messer's forums but there isn't much coverage there when it comes to Security+ in the forums. I feel better reading these "success stories" how most people used only the DG book and passed with it. I feel pretty good about the material, like I have everything embedded into my brain. I'm kinda scared to play a video game before then because I don't want to forget anything.

The only thing I seem to still have trouble on is MAC, DAC and RBAC. I keep confusing how they work.

MAC - Static model, administrator assigns labels to subjects and objects

DAC - Objects have owners, owners define permissions, susceptible to Trojans, implemented in NTFS

RBAC - Access based on roles and groups and the jobs they perform

No matter how many times I study it I still seem to confuse owner for administrator or one element for another. I feel I'll do fine though. I'll post results tomorrow after 1pm

P.S. I'm A+ 2006 certified from 2009. No Network+ experience, I found Security+ easier to study.

Comments

• Options
    thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have A+, net+ and security+. While I was very nervous going into the test because it was out of my comfort zone (all new to me) I found the questions were not to hard. I passed with flying colors.

You are going to do great, I see a pass post coming tomorrow from you!
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    You probably know this, but in case you don't..... You can take notes as soon as you start the test that you can use during the test. For example, you could review the MAC, DAC, RBAC summary on page 107 of the book just before going into take the test. As soon as you start the test, write down the notes on the topics. Then if you get a question on any of these, you can just look at your notes.

Good luck. We're looking forward to hearing that you passed!

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Blog
    Security+ Tip of the Day
  • Options
    Passed. 803. Darril Gibson. Darril Gibson. Darril Gibson.

That is all.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Congrats!
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    Thank YOU for your book. Any tech wanting to get into security, I will always recommend them to your material.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for your recommendations!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63