Options

Inexpensive VMware Training Options

Comments

• Options
    Mallet413Mallet413 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I emailed Mr. Huneycutt to find out where I was on the waitlist and didn't really get an answer. Anybody know if we can call the school to check about specifically when we might expect to get the chance to register?
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Mallet413 wrote: »
    Anybody know if we can call the school to check about specifically when we might expect to get the chance to register?

I was contacted by Jana Kennedy about the newly opened May sessions. You might see if she can help you. Here contact information is below.

JanaP. Kennedy
    Eagle’s One Stop Mentor
    Stanly Community College
    141 College Drive
    Albemarle, NC 28001
    704-991-0180
    704-991-0126 Fax
    Jkennedy7709@stanly.edu

• Options
    btw ... I just came across another way to waitlist yourself: https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php
  • Options
    Called Jana yesterday and was told I am #139 on the waitlist, while 120 spots are available for the Aug class. Can't remember when I added myself, but I think it was at least a month ago.
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    She emailed the 1st 120 yesterday. The email was in my spam folder. So if your pretty sure you should have a spot for August and didnt get an email from Jana, check your spam!
  • Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    Called Jana yesterday and was told I am #139 on the waitlist, while 120 spots are available for the Aug class. Can't remember when I added myself, but I think it was at least a month ago.

You saved me! I called Jana today to find out where I was on the waitlist and she said an e-mail was sent out yesterday to fill out the form. I checked my e-mail and didn't see anything, then checked my spam folder and there it was.

Had I not read this thread, I would've never found it and probably would've missed out.

Thanks ITMonkey and Mallet413!!!!
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□

I'm slightly ahead of you in the queue and my name went down on May 31st. I'd accept either August/October course. Looking forward to it.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Are we talking about summer and fall of 2014 here?
  • Options
    sratakhin wrote: »
    Are we talking about summer and fall of 2014 here?

2013. August session.

You pretty much had to have waitlisted back in May
  • Options
    Radiohead316Radiohead316 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just waitlisted yesterday. Hopefully I can get in for the October course, but January is fine too. At this price, it's worth the wait.
  • Options
    Anyone on the wait list been contacted for enrollment in to August?

• Options
    I'm on the WL for August and have not been contacted yet. Been checking spam as well.
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Can people from other countries do it. How much is the cost for the course and then how much is the exam ?
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @chanakyajupudi
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I am taking the class right now. Total for me was $180 as I did not get the books. You'll have access to a full working lab assigned to you. Keep in mind it is a bit slow. Ping nhuneycutt2262@stanly.edu for possible future dates (or wait until he replies here.)

I'd think everyone can take the class. But I'd email or call them to find out. I did mine from UCSC (California) for about $990 AUD about a year and a half ago, and I am an Aussie. I got a 70% discount voucher at the end of the course. Stanly.edu didnt do the course back then icon_sad.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also received the email from Jana and filled out the registration form for the August class.

Does that mean I'm good to go?
  • Options
    Back in April, there were two requirements to register: 1) submit the registration form and 2) pay for the class. After I had done both, Jana sent me an email saying I was registered.
  • Options
    linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ah, I just called Jana. She's processing the registrations and the links to pay for the class(es) will be sent out in less than 2 weeks.
  • Options
    terryferaterryfera Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got my link to pay today and so did another friend that's taking the course, we filled out the web form about a week ago.
  • Options
    Same here. Glad to finally have it locked in.
  • Options
    rob3bbrob3bb Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I also registered and paid for August class. I got on the waiting list in May. Did anyone order the books ? is it the 5.1 course ?
  • Options
    MartytoofMartytoof Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, signed up just for this thread! Also just registered and paid. The book is the 5.0 ICM lab manual according to the information the bookstore gives.

Looking forward to discussing the class with everyone here :)
  • Options
    Just paid for the class.

Feelsgoodman!
  • Options
    Did anyone order the books ?
    The books are not required, largely because their content is available online. Besides, the book contents are copies of PowerPoint-like slides without much commentary.

I suggest you purchase one of the popular books on vSphere 5 using the $50 or so you would otherwise spend on the course books.

If this comment is helpful, click on the star icon on the bottom left corner. :)
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Just took the course with Armand Inselberg ---professor was very responsive, but, yes, he can be monotone at times.

Received an exam voucher for 70% off the test, but have until the end of the year to take it.

There is a good amount of material, but setting up a test environment and also using Scott Lowe's book as well.
    I recommend the course, as I did learn a decent amount and the labs help you get familiar with the material, but I definitely feel that I need more labbing and review before attempting the cert. You can't beat the price for the course though, especially since this is a mandatory course in order to take the VCP.

Anyone have any other recommended resources to pass the VCP5-DCV?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Like I said earlier I was #139 on the waitlist...I guess at least 19 people ahead of me failed to register because I was just allowed to. Check your spam folders...
  • Options
    Like I said earlier I was #139 on the waitlist...I guess at least 19 people ahead of me failed to register because I was just allowed to. Check your spam folders...
    Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if many people missed out because it went to their spam folder.

Kind of messed up in my opinion. I would be furious if I missed out on this because it was sitting in my spam folder.
  • Options
    Just paid, so happy to be on this course. I will probably push out my MCSA W7/2k8 plans now to focus on this instead. Will hopefully have my CCNA the week before the classes start.

• Options
    TheNewITGuyTheNewITGuy Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How do you see where you are on the wait list?
  • Options
    You have to contact Jana

JanaP. Kennedy
    Eagle’s One Stop Mentor
    Stanly Community College
    141 College Drive
    Albemarle, NC 28001
    704-991-0180
    704-991-0126 Fax
    Jkennedy7709@stanly.edu
  • Options
    GoldspotGoldspot Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wait-listed around the middle of June. Obviously, I didn't make the cut for the latest class (or I never saw my acceptance e-mail...), but someone mentioned up-thread that there may be one or more fall classes (Sept. or Oct.). Anyone have any new info on that?