Options

Inexpensive VMware Training Options

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    cypher2decyphercypher2decypher Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anybody received notifications for the start of the Jan 13 class yet?
  • Options
    zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    Has anybody received notifications for the start of the Jan 13 class yet?

Nope. I haven't yet. The class is still scheduled for the 13th right? Isn't the instructor suppose to provide us a link to the labs so we can logon?
  • Options
    cypher2decyphercypher2decypher Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zcarenow wrote: »
    Nope. I haven't yet. The class is still scheduled for the 13th right? Isn't the instructor suppose to provide us a link to the labs so we can logon?

I just got an email from Stanly CC with the link. Class will be accessible from **9am** Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00) 13th Jan 2015
  • Options
    there have been technical glitches with their labs, so the class has been extended to March 10th instead of the original March 3th end.
  • Options
    Have they fixed the labs yet? I haven't gotten any notice over the weekend.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'd have to assume they are since we didn't get an email back. I didn't count how many pods there were in the labs as I didn't bother logging in until this morning for the first time. At the time of this writing, only three pods are left.

By the way, we already have a thread for the Stanly January-March class. Come join us there if you're in it.
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just wondering if it is possible to jump in currently running classes?

I did quite weird mistake - took vsphere4 classes couple of years ago, but passed VCP5-DCV exam yesterday. Now I need [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]ICM training ASAP icon_sad.gif[/FONT]
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    At Stanly we cannot allow students in a class once it has started, but here is some information that may help you. We can offer the VMware class only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. The course is conducted entirely online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185. There is also an optional textbook available through our book store.

We enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on our online wait list. If you have not added your information to this list please do so at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. We apologize for any delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner.

At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming.
    -Stanly CC

AlexL wrote: »
    Just wondering if it is possible to jump in currently running classes?

I did quite weird mistake - took vsphere4 classes couple of years ago, but passed VCP5-DCV exam yesterday. Now I need ICM training ASAP icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any non-Stanly recommendations for someone in Indiana? CCCTI is now charging $1795 and that is tough to swallow since I'm paying out of pocket.