new resume tips

Yahoo! Finance - Financially Fit

some of them are self explainatory

#7 was a totally new one to me but i understand there explaination
wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I don't fully agree with #4. You should keep it to 1 page if at all possible, but it isn't about "being proud". I have enough relevant experience that my resume requires 2 pages.

Everything else... duh.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Most of it was pretty obvious... I too disagree about the one-page rule. If you have relevant experience, you need to list it.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Everyone wrote: »
    I don't fully agree with #4. You should keep it to 1 page if at all possible, but it isn't about "being proud". I have enough relevant experience that my resume requires 2 pages.

Everything else... duh.

My thoughts exactly. I've always followed these, but my resume has started to spill over to a second page even only adding relevant experience.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Agree with the others about the link. For #4 that is a non tech rule of thumb and for the most part doesn't apply to technology fields.

I like this infographic from Rezscore for resume advice. It's a lot of the same common sense, but I like the graphics. :)
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    onesaint wrote: »
    My favorite resume tips come from this infographic from Rezscore. It's a lot of the same common sense, but I like the graphics. :)

Wow I don't like that at all, too busy.
  • ImTheKingImTheKing Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've heard #6 (age) before, but they're going to find out eventually. It might buy you some time and an interview, but if the employer is really dead set on discriminating based on age, it won't do you a whole lot of good.
  • phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    I was able to fit my resume in 1 1/2 pages instead of three. Thanks for the tips.