Options

Question about lab

davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just ordered a couple cisco 2612 routers for a home lab, I'm wanting to get a 2u case for my server (and maybe throw my main computer in one also) and put it all in a rack. I was wondering where you guys bought your racks from? the only ones I've found are more than I'm wanting to spend. Thanks for your time

Comments

• Options
    well nevermind. Some of the boys at work gave me one that was taken from production. :Drack.JPG
    Now if my equipment will get here :D
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Yeah we had a large amount of racks come in here at work that were from a data center shutting down. Like 8 top notch racks, and the boss let us have em for 10 bucks each. I picked up 2 hehe
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    davenport wrote:
    well nevermind. Some of the boys at work gave me one that was taken from production. :Drack.JPG
    Now if my equipment will get here :D

Mine was donated to the cause, also......

Did the gun come with the rack? icon_wink.gif:D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    [/quote]

Mine was donated to the cause, also......

Did the gun come with the rack? icon_wink.gif:D[/quote]

They didnt tell you to keep a loaded handgun by your network rack in your Security+ training icon_lol.gif:D

Thats what I call layer 1 security XD
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    LOL, I didn't even pay attention to that. That would be my trusty Beretta 92fs.
    I guess when you keep one around all the time it just blends in with the background. Its a shame I never get to the range anymore. I have a safe full just sitting here. icon_sad.gif