Options

Passed CCNA Security today!!

Passed today with a 977! Happy, but tired as hell being that it's the end of the year and I've been working toward this all year AND it's Christmas, and now I'm Cisco'ed out (burnt out) so I'm going to take at least a month off and perhaps see what kind of prospects are out there before I delve into the CCNP stage. I'm not sure at this point if I want to go straight for the CCNP Security or the CCNP R&S... or make a wild attempt at both together. Any suggestions? Is it worth it to go for the CISSP before the CCNP Sec? My goal is to get into network security... Now I can ACTUALLY enjoy Christmas & relax a bit (aside from first starting to shop & decorate & whatever tonight, 2 days before Christmas) and start 2012 off right! I even have off from one of my jobs next week so I'm SO looking forward to post-Christmas time...lol.

Comments

• Options
    tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    mdf_shaheedmdf_shaheed Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can you please let me know whether there was any simulation type of questions in ccna security exam. please let me know since iam planning to take the exam next week. thanks in advance bro and also congrats on your pass.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    rjirji Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, great score!
  • Options
    JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    Thanks everyone. I feel like I just graduated from college again since I passed the CCNA right before I started this. Both took less than a year, but it was a major challenge and accomplishment. Now I need to find some hands on work experience and get my feet wet so the higher level certs hold better value. Hopefully I don't get shafted on the value of these.. they were certainly NOT easy to obtain.
    can you please let me know whether there was any simulation type of questions in ccna security exam. please let me know since iam planning to take the exam next week. thanks in advance bro and also congrats on your pass.
    So I don't violate the NDA for the exams, I can't say. Sorry, but good luck.