Options

Green IT: DONE

tru504187211tru504187211 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took about 15 minutes, but got the bare minimum score needed to pass (second time in a row for that). When everything around me is rushed and seemingly trying to take away my study time, you just have to study in a rushed manner. Just when I decided to take this exam, ALL new customers called at once for service...never a good time for studying icon_sad.gif

What I used to prep were...

MOSTLY: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Tech-Implement-Sustainable-Solutions/dp/B005DIBP6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324579468&sr=8-1

A LITTLE: Amazon.com: CompTIA Strata - Green IT Certification Exam Preparation Course in a Book for Passing the CompTIA Strata - Green IT Exam - The How To Pass on Your First Try Certification Study Guide (9781742442464): William Manning: Books

USED ON DAY BEFORE AND OF: MCSE, SCJP, CCNA, PMP, CompTIA, A+, Network+, OCP, Security+, Practice Test -uCertify

Most of the questions I did not even need to complete reading or read all of the choices (may have hurt me) because the first book and UCertify had me well prepared. I planned to gain this certification to be able to make better decisions for customers on purchasing, disposal and power usage once in the building. It went well over that in the first book listed and gave a complete overall picture of a leaner, greener, IT department. Even if you are not going for this easy cert, I'd recommend that book just to have the knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Congrats... good stuff!
  • Options
    crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    is that a technical certification? Do you learn howto configure Linux (or Windows, iOS, Android) howto make energy saving settings? or is that only for managers?
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mate, nice work. I was wondering how much weight this strata cert carries, can you pls keep us posted. I was considering doing this to add to my reportiore', but was not not totally sold on it's premise, as most other higher certs seem to include this base. I don't mean to degrade the credence of this strata cert, I am only curious what it may mean as far as gainful employment goes.

Thank you for the great post and info, very much appreciated.
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, I took that as well a few weeks ago. Passed. It WAS a quick cert. 15 minutes as well. I felt kinda weird leaving after just 15min.
    I had used the "Comptia Strata Green IT + certblaster" on amazon. well written and the certblaster was great.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    TechBoothTechBooth Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Green IT, is it worth taking the test? Where did anyone get their voucher from? Cheapest I saw was $89.
  • Options
    OG MaverickOG Maverick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. You inspired me to take this test. Hope it's under my name within 2 weeks time, just need to look around for study material that people have uploaded.
  • Options
    OG MaverickOG Maverick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tested today. Took ~15 mins and received an 868. Easy enough! :D
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    is GreenIT worth getting? Looks like this thread was started in 2011 and quite a few of us have the cert. Did it do anything for anyones career?
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    is GreenIT worth getting? Looks like this thread was started in 2011 and quite a few of us have the cert. Did it do anything for anyones career?
    I am wondering about this also
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    Corndork2 wrote: »

Not likely. It's a fluff cert and the questions reflect that. The real work behind "Going Green" is a comprehensive mix of things that go all the way from properly researching the hardware bought and used to software settings to building infrastructure and it has to be thought out and planned. No CompTIA cert will give you a leg up on that. There are more comprehensive certs dealing with Green IT like the Green Computing Initiative certs, but I don't know of anyone who actually bothers to get those since they rely on instruction courses.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't think any of the "Essentials" certs are worth much of anything. They are supposed to be entry-level whereas the "+" certs are supposed to be mid-level according to CompTIA. However the "+" certs are already quite entry-level, so that makes the "Essentials" certs less than entry-level IMO. Save your money and skip them completely.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I decided to schedule this exam on November 18 and already ordered Comptia Strata: Green It + Certblaster, Student Manual (ILT). I decided to take it before it expires (Dec 2013).

Grats to everyone who already has it. icon_cheers.gif
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is your exam coming up gabypr? I'm aiming to take it before it expires as well. I've been studying, and while the information is basic, I've learned a few things - never a bad result.