Options

680 Exam - 2nd Time (Bombed)

Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took my Windows 7 exam for the second time this morning and failed it with a miserable 530 + icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif. Network Connectivity , Deploying , Migrating to Windows 7 were my listed areas where more developments were needed .

I read through the Pearson Book ( skipped the MS Press book due to its poor review ) with Professor Messrs but was still unable to pass the exam .

I had set up a Virtual Box with 2 Win 7 Clients and a server 2k8 - which i think was not enough to practice the various scenario's .
any thought from anybody who has take and passed this exam as to how i can go passing it next time

Planning to retake it end of Jan - 2010 ( back to the study room now )
Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Try using Don Poulton's book, haven't read it myself, but it gets rave reviews. Technet is your friend, Darril Gibson's 685/686 book is good, too.

try some of the virtual labs.
    Windows 7 Virtual Labs
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck and don't give up! You will get it next time!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed this exam using the CBT Nuggets series with James Conrad & about a year of experience with Windows 7 (daily). I found the CBT Nuggets were excellent and thorough. Make no mistake this is a tough exam. Many of my coworkers attempted it and failed first time around. I was fortune in that I pass..with 700 icon_wink.gif.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    antielvis wrote: »
    I passed this exam using the CBT Nuggets series with James Conrad & about a year of experience with Windows 7 (daily). I found the CBT Nuggets were excellent and thorough. Make no mistake this is a tough exam. Many of my coworkers attempted it and failed first time around. I was fortune in that I pass..with 700 icon_wink.gif.
    A pass is a pass. I would rejoice if I saw that 700/1000 lol. Also, good ol' James.....his way of speaking....icon_lol.gif
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    Stiltz79Stiltz79 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I failed the first time I took this exam... I think I had like a 580 or something. I'm nervous to take it again and possibly fail...
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got a 700 on my exam as well. I was fortunate enough to pass on the first try though. I used the MS press book and technet. Ive also been using Win 7 since it was released. Keep at it, youll pass it.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Go here: https://secure.cbtnuggets.com/subscriptions/cram

Pay the $24 and watch those and take notes. It also comes with the Transcender practice exams. If you go through those and the Messer videos one more time you will probably get a pass this time around.