ERP Consulting

alexfoxalexfox Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
why don't we have a section for this great technology ?

Comments

  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165
    There aren't too many certifications for ERP. SAP has certs and so does Oracle, but it's pretty much for the development side of the house.

    Also, ERPs encompass many of the technologies that are discussed here. Server administration, which can be done on Windows or Unix, Database Administration, which again is either Microsoft, Oracle, DB2, etc. , then the middleware.....then there's the question of which ERP you're going to use, like PeopleSoft, SAP, Lawson, etc., etc.

    Only thing I can say about ERPs is that they exist in every vertical, just about. Healthcare, Government, Banking, Retail (in fact, I saw an opening for a PeopleSoft Admin at a favorite bookstore chain...lol), etc., etc. If someone is fortunate enough to get into the ERP and not stick with regular server/system/network administration, they will find that there is good money to be made. :) Going on 9 years straight as a erpadmin. I'm truly loving life.

    BTW, there is money to be made in ERP consulting...but I would rather stick with perm jobs for now, and do ERP consulting in retirement (like every other consultant does...lmao.)

    There is also the functional side of ERPs I didn't even get into....functional consultants make money too....but a lot of firms want to see developers that know the functional side as well as the technical.
  • alexfoxalexfox Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »

    There is also the functional side of ERPs I didn't even get into....functional consultants make money too....but a lot of firms want to see developers that know the functional side as well as the technical.

    that what i'm talking about
    i want to change my career to be oracle erp financial functional consultant
    my be later i'll be technical consultant too
    but for now i want to start doing the functional track
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165
    alexfox wrote: »
    that what i'm talking about
    i want to change my career to be oracle erp financial functional consultant
    my be later i'll be technical consultant too
    but for now i want to start doing the functional track


    If you really want to learn more on the ERP track, you're better served by subscribing to ittoolbox.com. There are MANY areas of ERP you can view from there...case studies, etc., etc. It is arguably the best free resource for anything IT related, but ERPs especially. They have general ERP knowledge that you are seeking as well as specific ERP applications (technical and functional).
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483
    erpadmin wrote: »
    If you really want to learn more on the ERP track, you're better served by subscribing to ittoolbox.com. There are MANY areas of ERP you can view from there...case studies, etc., etc. It is arguably the best free resource for anything IT related, but ERPs especially. They have general ERP knowledge that you are seeking as well as specific ERP applications (technical and functional).

    Thanks for the website. Rep +1
  • alexfoxalexfox Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    If you really want to learn more on the ERP track, you're better served by subscribing to ittoolbox.com. There are MANY areas of ERP you can view from there...case studies, etc., etc. It is arguably the best free resource for anything IT related, but ERPs especially. They have general ERP knowledge that you are seeking as well as specific ERP applications (technical and functional).

    thanks alot .Rep +1
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Thanks for the Website! The company I work for develops, implement's, and supports an ERP software for SMB's in the process manufacturing industry.

    It's not one of the big names you through out there though.
Sign In or Register to comment.