70-647 fail

Hey All,
I scored a 617 on this one today. I woke up sick this morning so I had a hard time focusing about 30% of the way through. It didn't help that MS loves to pile on the text in these questions. I actually LIKE this exam, with the case study style questions. My weakest section was Identity and Access Management.

My main study material was the MS Press R2 book. I found it hard to read.

Would someone please recommend an additional book to review before I re-take it? I read through the IPD Guides. I have a lot of real world experience with MS products, but some of the planning/design stuff escaped me this time.

Thanks,
Drew

Comments

• nice nahidnice nahid Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi
    I think you should memorized the questions and their answers
  • IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't give up, try again when you feel that you're ready
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    nice nahid wrote: »
    hi

What is that supposed to mean?
  • ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi

No_dumping.jpg
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hi

I hope you are referring to memorizing the questions that come with the books. If not, then it's braindumping, which is cheating.
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hi
    This sounds like a good idea! But which questions and which answers icon_lol.gif
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    It's a *****, pay it no attention. I am not dumping. I did buy the Transcenders. They are too easy though, not hard enough for this exam.

Drew
  • lenell86lenell86 Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LOL i think we all know what this guy means. Or could be a ***** since he only has 1 post.
    Certifications complete: A+, Net+, Security+, MCTS 70-401, MCSA
    Currently working towards: MCSE (70-293)
  • Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    drew2000 wrote: »
    Hey All,
    I scored a 617 on this one today. I woke up sick this morning so I had a hard time focusing about 30% of the way through. It didn't help that MS loves to pile on the text in these questions. I actually LIKE this exam, with the case study style questions. My weakest section was Identity and Access Management.

My main study material was the MS Press R2 book. I found it hard to read.

Would someone please recommend an additional book to review before I re-take it? I read through the IPD Guides. I have a lot of real world experience with MS products, but some of the planning/design stuff escaped me this time.

Thanks,
    Drew

Unlucky dude. Are they questions all multiple guess like the rest of the M$ stuff or do you have to acutally write what you think?

On the books not to sure though have had a quick look at some of the links on the Sticky for the exam today and these like the rest of them seem really good.

Bet you will smash it next time icon_smile.gif
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I used the MS Press book and the practice exams that came with the book (the CD) as well as Transcender. I thought that the book was okay overall, but I would probably recommend taking the other MCITP exams first before taking 647. The format of the exam can be a bit tedious, especially with all the extra information that you do not need.

I'd just hammer away at the book and make sure you understand the material in good detail. Do not let the fail get you down as this is an extremely hard exam.

Good luck.
  • drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Good news guys, I re-took the test today and got an 815. No ****, etc. The Transcenders helped a lot, along with revisiting some weak areas.

Drew
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Good for you.
  • buzzkillbuzzkill Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Perhaps the guy meant that you hopefully memorized the questions and answers on the exam you took!!! Pretty hard to do though with the number of testlets and all!