Options

Ccna:s 1/9/12

CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
I went ahead and scheduled my CCNA Security exam for 1/9/12.

Any last minute labbing ideas or books?

Comments

• Options
    Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Big focuses of that curriculum is VPNs, IOS IPS, and ZBF. If you know those well (on a basic ccna:s level) you will be fine.

I recommend buying a 1 day sub to CBT nuggets and go through some of the videos one last time before the test.

Oh...if you have bad eyes...go buy some mega ultra reading glasses icon_cool.gif you will need them!
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I'd just review the study material you used. Go over the SDM layout a few more times and understand where to go to configure different things.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    I've watched Jeremy's nuggets all the way through twice, read the Paquet book twice, and read the sybex book 3 times. Now that I have the exam scheduled, I'm studying roughly 8 hours a day. I'm probably going to lab up on VPN, port security, and SDM for the rest of the week.

Thanks of the tips, I'll post my results.
  • Options
    Labbing the rest is the way to go!

Good luck and let us know how you do!
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    One more thing if anybody is still out there...

Any suggestions for the CCNA:S as to what to **** on the whiteboard right at the start of the test?
  • Options
    Depends on what you think you might forget during the exam. Port numbers, Cisco commands, notes on VPN formation Phase 1/2, parts of a VPN Crypto map/ACL/transform set/etc, parts of the ZBFW, plenty to pick from.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    Maced129 wrote: »
    Oh...if you have bad eyes...go buy some mega ultra reading glasses icon_cool.gif you will need them!

it pains me to see they still have not fixed this problem with that exam.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea, the exam is in need of an update for sure.
  • Options
    iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well? how did it go?
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)
  • Options
    Failed with a 777. I was actually quite surprised. Had a lot on my mind today and the week prior, more specifically, women problems. I woke up with a strong hangover about an hour before my exam.

I'll be returning most likely beginning of next month with a clearer head.

Are we allowed to discuss the specifics of the report on our performance here? I did moderately fine on most sections, but scored a goose egg on one of them, and it so happens to be an extremely vague description.
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Failed with a 777. I was actually quite surprised. Had a lot on my mind today and the week prior, more specifically, women problems. I woke up with a strong hangover about an hour before my exam.

I'll be returning most likely beginning of next month with a clearer head.

Are we allowed to discuss the specifics of the report on our performance here? I did moderately fine on most sections, but scored a goose egg on one of them, and it so happens to be an extremely vague description.

Sorry to hear that, man. I'm sure you'll get it next time. And it's perfectly fine to discuss the exam results here, just not the content of the exam itself. I'm definitely interested in what you had trouble with, since I'm going to take this exam on Saturday.
  • Options
    The section titled 'implement secure network management and reporting' I got a 0 on, and I did some looking around and didn't see much as to what that section really entailed. I'm assuming it was SSH, logging, and SNMP related.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□

I am not sure if I am reading this wrong but you went out drinking getting hammered the night before your exam? I am sorry to hear you failed the exam , but getting hammered the night before is probably not the way to go before any exam.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX