Options

CompTIA certifications

marhomarho Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm novice here and I hope that I will gain new experiences and knowledge about Microsoft and CISCO from this forum. And also I will try to be benefit to this forum as will be possible icon_wink.gif.

I explored a little this forum and I found CompTIA certifications icon_surprised.gif. I've never heard of that. Please can you tell how much are these certifications accepted or required from employers? And, of course this is maybe stupid question, how much are CompTIA A+, NETWORK+ and SECURITY+ different in difficulty from CCNA or CCNP Switch.

Please be considerate of my bad English. I come from Slovak Republic and we don't use English as national language icon_cry.gif.

Kind regards,
Martin Holkovič

Comments

• Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you are already a CCNA then there is no need to even look at Network+. Many people do Network+ before CCNA as a first step.

Security+, from my point of view, is an entry- to mid-level security certification. It seems to be well known in the US but isn't very popular in the EU from my personal experience.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    marhomarho Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So you think that it is better to learn the CCNA Security instead of Security+?

And please, can you tell me which kind of certifications are accepted in EU? I heard only about CISCO and Microsoft.
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Comptia certs seem to be more or less entry level. I wouldn't have gotten this helpdesk job without them though. As said, I'd skip network+ if you've got CCNA.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    They're entry/foundation level certifications. That's it.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    marho wrote: »
    So you think that it is better to learn the CCNA Security instead of Security+?

And please, can you tell me which kind of certifications are accepted in EU? I heard only about CISCO and Microsoft.

I did CCNA Security instead of Security+. The guy that was my mentor at the time told me that they both covered more or less the same topics, but that CCNA Security went into more detail and also looked better on a resume. I'm in the US so I'm not sure about EU, but I'd still say go with CCNA Security instead.

Also, like everyone else said, forget the Network+ if you already have CCNA. That would be pointless.
    :study: