Options

Free to a good home - Darril Gibson's new SY0-301 Study Guide

crypticgeekcrypticgeek Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed the SY0-301 using Darril's new book.

Feel no need to hang on to it, so I'm passing it along to a deserving techexams member residing in the US free of charge. All I ask is you are serious about taking and passing the exam and agree to "pay it forward" to someone else. Just post a reply about why you want the book and I'll pick someone in the coming week.

Happy new year everyone.

Comments

• Options
    tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

If I was in the US I'd be ripping your hand off to get it but since Im in the UK.......

Mind if I ask if thats all you used to pass? any security background etc? anything not on the test etc. PM if you want but Im sure DG wont mind you being honest on here icon_wink.gif

Cheers.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Triplea,

I had used other sources (Transcenders, Labsim) for my Security+ (201) exam. I expected that this exam was the "hardest" CompTIA exam, to date (we're talking before Storage+ or CASP) But Darril's guide would have been all I needed to pass the exam. Every question (just about) I answered felt like a question that I was asked from his guide (and I did well on his questions because he just knows how to present material.) The questions weren't the same, of course...but I was just breezing through the exam and ended up with a 870....my best score on any certification exam to date: 97%. :)

I wish Darril wrote books on EVERY cert that exists...I even asked him to write a Project+ book...lmao. I am confident that the 301 study guide will not disappoint if it's ANYTHING like the 201 guide (and it sounds like it is.)
  • Options
    JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey,

I'm taking my CCNA in January and planned on doing my Sec+ after. I'd be glad to take it off your hands and pass it onto someone else.

In NJ if that matters.

Thanks,

Jay
    2016 Certification Goals:
    CCIE R/S Written: ???
    CCIE R/S Lab: ???
    Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/
  • Options
    charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just passed the SY0-301 using Darril's new book.

Feel no need to hang on to it, so I'm passing it along to a deserving techexams member residing in the US free of charge. All I ask is you are serious about taking and passing the exam and agree to "pay it forward" to someone else. Just post a reply about why you want the book and I'll pick someone in the coming week.

Happy new year everyone.

One question, does anyone know if they sell this book from amazon.ca as well? I can't seem to find it. I am from Canada, so ya. I have order books from amazon.com before, not often. They take a pretty long time to deliver. And I don't want to pay for priority shipping. And hopefully not custom charges for that matter, if its in the US. :D

But it seems like most people recommend this book for security. I am thinking about grabbing it once I am done with my current certs.
  • Options
    triplea wrote: »
    Mind if I ask if thats all you used to pass? any security background etc? anything not on the test etc. PM if you want but Im sure DG wont mind you being honest on here icon_wink.gif

It was the only thing I used to study yes. It was such a well written book I blogged about it and posted an Amazon review. I don't really have a security background per se. A few years back I interned with a managed security services provider doing log file analysis grunt work.
  • Options
    I ordered this book as well, seeing how well is review. Not sure if I'll do it right away, but decided to buy it since its alot cheaper compare to other security+ books
  • Options
  • Options
    n/m I decided to get it anyways. I guess I will not purchase the exam cram. I did do it for both A+ and Network+ though.
  • Options
    JasonX wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm taking my CCNA in January and planned on doing my Sec+ after. I'd be glad to take it off your hands and pass it onto someone else.

In NJ if that matters.

Thanks,

Jay

It's yours. PM me your info.
  • Options
    I manage to get Gibson Practice Questions book today. I actually order a day later than the study guide, still haven't receive the study guide from gibson yet. Got delayed. I was wondering if the questions are exactly the same as the study guide? I was browsing slightly thru it, it seems like the study guide i preview online has the same questions the practice questions book have as well.
  • Options
    DoodahGurlDoodahGurl Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Crypticgeek, if you don't hear back from Jay or if he no longer needs the book, I'll take it off your hands. I'm in Dallas, btw.
  • Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    What an awesome idea! I will do the same with my book. icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KeithJaggerKeithJagger Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Beg, borrow and steal (just kidding, of course)...but get your hands on Darril's book and follow it to a tee...you can't lose.