Options

Passed ROUTE

thetrillionairethetrillionaire Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I cleared route with a 860 ....It was the toughest exam I have took.....Next on the plate ....SWITCH......I work in a heavily switched environment so hopefully the exam would not be as rough to me.

Comments

• Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What did you use for study and how much time did you put into it?
  • Options
    Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    Congrats on the pass !!!

SWITCH has had a bad reputation for a while regarding the question phrasing. It must have improved because I found them fine.

Now go have a beer !
    [CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Feels good huh? Congrats! ROUTE is a tough one because there is so much material and then you have to be able to apply the knowledge you've learned in a very short time period on the exam. Good luck on SWITCH - in the middle of studying for that one myself.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations and welcome to the 1/3 of the way to CCNP club icon_cool.gif
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    thetrillionairethetrillionaire Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Cisco Press Official Certification Guide, The Foundation Learning Guide, and CBT nuggets I put about 6 months of studying.

Thanks to everyone....I gain lots of encouragement and helpful tips from you guys!!!!
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your pass! I will soon become a member of the 1/3 CCNP club haha.. I've been studying ROUTE for about 4 months now.. although my college courses have taken a lot of my time up. Hope to test this month on it, and then it'll be on to switch. Good luck on the next exam!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratualtions and Celebrations!!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well Done :)

After a year in the new job and lots of time spent learning other things, I am coming back to finish of my CCNP and ROUTE is first on the cards.

I took Switch very early on and the first time it locked up on me and locted me 20min of time getting it fixed, and the second the grammer of some of the questions was horrendous, and again one of the simulations locked up...

However third attempts it that was 5 months later (new baby and all) they had tidied it up a lot and reworded some questions to make them easier to follow. So bad was it to start that I only paid for one exam, I received a free retake voucher due to the issues I faced.

All I will say for the switch is make sure you know how it all fits together, there arn't many questions on indivual topics.

Good luck with it :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with SWITCH !

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Congrats mate! Best of luck on the SWITCH exam
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Switch is much tougher but you got it, congrats!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
  • Options
    ddcengineerddcengineer Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I'm working on Switch now too. :)
    Achievements: CCNA Nov 2011 | CCNP Route Jan 2012 | Switch June 2012 | TSHOOT July 2012 CCNP | CCNA Voice Oct
    Projected Timeline: CCNP Voice CVoice Oct | CIPT1 Nov | CIPT2 Dec | TVoice Jan | CApps Feb :cheers: