Options

Technical Writing Class

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
Does anybody know of a good technical writing class or book out there. I've been writing "how-to" docs for most of the jobs I've had and there is a big push to get detailed documentation into our DR notebooks. Looking for something to help me with formatting, style as well as standardization. Mostly it is to help me build a solid foundation for how I write these things. While book knowledge is good I would prefer a class if possible.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• Options
    Webers2Webers2 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would check with your school first, I know that my university required business writing in undergrad, and offered more technical writing programs through the English department. Possibly an elective in your current program? The issue with standardization is everyone has their own twist of it, but at least a course (rather than text) could help you perfect your own.

Best of luck
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have looked at the community college I teach at but the course they offer is through an 3rd party online affiliate that didn't have good reviews. The local university has a couple of classes but the only open seats are reserved for students in a specific degree program.

Welcome to Techexams :)
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)