• Options
    SettSett Member Posts: 187
    4 hours ago :)
    Non-native English speaker
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sett wrote: »

Haha, congrats! When does the lab prep start? This evening?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

Congratulations Sett. The test itself leaves a lot to be desired, but the process of studying for it will stand you in good stead in lab prep. I expect to see your study thread soon ;)
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    To all you brave souls I just wanted to wish you good luck and best wishes!
  • Options
    SettSett Member Posts: 187
    Thanks !
    I already finished the whole INE vol. 1 and lab some more on my own including some PEC labs so I guess I already started the lab preparation. I don't really differentiate between the studies for the lab and for the written. I am waiting for my company to grant me full access to INE including the rest of the workbooks and I'll jump on Vol.2. They are very supportive when it comes to education and certification. In the meantime I might do the 1st mocklab just to check where I am standing right now.

I don't want to commit to my own study thread but I'll post here and in the other threads in the CCIE section.

Good luck to all of you in your studies !

By the way I am not amused with the PEC labs so probably I am not going to do more of them.
    Non-native English speaker
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks !
    I already finished the whole INE vol. 1 and lab some more on my own including some PEC labs so I guess I already started the lab preparation. I don't really differentiate between the studies for the lab and for the written. I am waiting for my company to grant me full access to INE including the rest of the workbooks and I'll jump on Vol.2. They are very supportive when it comes to education and certification. In the meantime I might do the 1st mocklab just to check where I am standing right now.

I don't want to commit to my own study thread but I'll post here and in the other threads in the CCIE section.

Good luck to all of you in your studies !

By the way I am not amused with the PEC labs so probably I am not going to do more of them.

PEC labs are not so good. ASET better if you can get access to them, but do those later.

Study thread isn't important, but it is nice to check in and see how people are getting along and I like it when people drop by on mine. A written pass gives you a pass to the dance. The important thing then is to be still studying for your lab exam in 6 months time. Most people by then have burned up and faded away never to return. So get through those first 6 months!
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Have you tried the TSHOOT scenarios on Cisco's page? TSHOOT Demo Item

Yup. All 4 were cake.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    bermovick wrote: »
    Yup. All 4 were cake.

Yep, just wanted to make sure you knew about them. I did them the other day to see what they were like.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    Count me in.
    Going to get the written until May(hope so) and the Lab maybe in January 2013.

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • Options
    eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Count me in,

I'll Start Studying for the Written R&S probably until June, i think its about time... then we'll see for the lab...... :)
    "Almost..... is as good as Nothing"
  • Options
    ipSpace wrote: »
    Count me in.
    Going to get the written until May(hope so) and the Lab maybe in January 2013.

You got this!
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I guess you can add me to the list now. My goal is to have my CCIE:Voice Written exam passed by the end of the year.

Here goes nothing...
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    SUBnet192SUBnet192 Banned Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed CCNP Switch early feb, planning on CCNP route in march/april and TSHOOT in april/may. Odds are, by summer I'll be in the CCIE material :)

Been working in IT since 1989, mostly in the Windows realm and VMware since 2005. I always felt networking skills were lacking and fixed that last years. Which lead me to become addicted to it lol
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Scheduled my lab exam today. If anyone else is going to be in RTP mid-November, I might just see you there!
  • Options
    Scheduled my lab exam today. If anyone else is going to be in RTP mid-November, I might just see you there!

Good luck! I'll be there a month after you if all goes as planned.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

That is very exciting. I hope you are able to get it in on the first shot :)
  • Options
    BrohamBroham Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings all, I plan on building my lab and prepping for the written summer 12. I'll then proceed to begin a 1200 hour lab study for ccie. I have been motivated by everyones threads and progress!
  • Options
    Broham wrote: »
    Greetings all, I plan on building my lab and prepping for the written summer 12. I'll then proceed to begin a 1200 hour lab study for ccie. I have been motivated by everyones threads and progress!

Great to hear. Put up a thread so we can see your progress.
  • Options
    BrohamBroham Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will man, the weird thing is I too will be exactly 30 on 9/2013! That sounds like it might fall just in line with my timing for the lab