Microsoft 70-659 Exam Voucher and Online Training for $99

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
I just registered for this. Has anyone else done this? Great deal for training, and an exam voucher.

http://mctreadiness.com/MicrosoftCareerConferenceRegistration.aspx?pid=274

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    We have it running here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/virtualization/71251-70-659-1-day-class-voucher-99-special.html but I don't think anyone took advantage of it. I went with a Microsoft Academic voucher for $83 bucks instead.
  • certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I went with a Microsoft Academic voucher for $83 bucks instead.

Do you have be a current student enrolled or taking a particular course/class or just having student ID or email will do? It seems like you can just buy academic version vouchers from Prometric and show some form of student ID at the testing center. Is it still true?
    I took 3 of the academic exams last year. Although I am currently working on my degree I was never asked for my EDU address or any other proof of enrollment. I just booked, showed up and took the test. YMMV.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It says that the testing center is supposed to request verification of your status as a student (student ID), but I have never been asked to produce such.

Heh... if they do ask, and you don't have it, just say that you don't have it on you.

I have to imagine that they aren't going to get worked up about it... A) why should they care, and B) it will probably be a bigger PITA for them...

That being said, I have been a student when I have taken the academic version of exams...

My current student ID is a printable thing with no photo... just has the university name, my name, and a barcode... and it reads library ID.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    That's a really good deal. I'm definitely out for the class next week, but the February one is do-able, possibly.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
    powerfool wrote: »
    It says that the testing center is supposed to request verification of your status as a student (student ID), but I have never been asked to produce such.

Similar experience with my CompTIA exams. I showed the school ID but they didn't ask specifically for it. I am just verifying if it is same for MS exams as well.
    Heh... if they do ask, and you don't have it, just say that you don't have it on you.
    I do have it and there is no expiry date on it so I guess it is valid as long as possible.
    I have to imagine that they aren't going to get worked up about it... A) why should they care, and B) it will probably be a bigger PITA for them...

The testing center didn't seem too interested...from my experience.
    I just booked, showed up and took the test. YMMV.

Thanks.
  • just_in_timejust_in_time Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would this be good for someone who is new to virtualization? A one day class seems they would be cramming alot in. Also, how long do they give you on the voucher to take the test? Seems that is a good deal just for the voucher.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What's amazing is that Prometric testing centers (the ones that are run by Prometric...I usually go to the one in Manhattan, but I've been to the one in Clark [never again.....those people are just flat out rude]) never asked me for student ID (though I have it). Yet some rinky-dinky testing center near Grand Central will ask me for it. I told her this was the first time I was ever asked for it.

I'm guessing that testing centers that ask for student IDs were probably caught out for something bad before....nothing like cheating, but something that would put them on warning status. Since then, they just make sure every rule is followed.
    Would this be good for someone who is new to virtualization? A one day class seems they would be cramming alot in. Also, how long do they give you on the voucher to take the test? Seems that is a good deal just for the voucher.

Per the site: "The course is designed for IT professionals with experience working with Microsoft Hyper-V. This offer expires on May 31, 2012. All training sessions must be taken and all vouchers must be redeemed and exams taken by that date."

I'm thinking it is more of a bootcamp type thing reviewing key concepts and aligning them with exam objectives. Voucher expires May 31st.
  • phi_cuongphi_cuong Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Per the site: "The course is designed for IT professionals with experience working with Microsoft Hyper-V. This offer expires on May 31, 2012. All training sessions must be taken and all vouchers must be redeemed and exams taken by that date."

I'm thinking it is more of a bootcamp type thing reviewing key concepts and aligning them with exam objectives. Voucher expires May 31st.

May i ask a question, when I receive the voucher code, can I use it for another exam code such as: 70-669 or 70 693?
    please advice.
    phi_cuong wrote: »
    May i ask a question, when I receive the voucher code, can I use it for another exam code such as: 70-669 or 70 693?
    please advice.

Welcome to TE. The answer is NO. See full terms here.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wish they had this for 693!