Options

Linux Mint 12

petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
Have it running in a VM currently. Love it, love it, love it. Sadly, I think Mint will get assimilated into the whole cell phone interface morass eventually, but hopefully it'll be the last to go.

Currently running Ubuntu 10.10 on the home laptop. I figure when I can upgrade to a larger SSD, I'll put Mint 12 on it.

Have any of y'all messed with it yet?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
--Will Rogers

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Had a drive freeze up on me and just ordered another to replace it. I will be installing Mint on that laptop once I get the drive.

I have the exe and iso loaded on a usb key.

By chance do you recommend one site over another for troubleshooting installs? [This is more preventative] :)
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also love it!!! I installed it on a laptop a couple weeks ago, was an "upgrade" from Mint 10.

For those who have tried Gnome3 and hate it, give Mint 12 a try. I had to go through a lot of work to get Fedora 14 the way I wanted it, and Mint 12 came like that our of the box. You get to keep all the nice parts of Gnome3, and ditch everything that makes it kinda suck. My only complaint is VPN'ing and RDP'ing from it to work...it's not so nice to me. Can't get the VPN to connect at all.
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    By chance do you recommend one site over another for troubleshooting installs? [This is more preventative] :)

I usually just Google specific issues and go where it takes me. :)

I do like ubuntuforums.org, though. And linuxquestions, too.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    petedude wrote: »

I do the same for specific issues. +1 to those sites. I have used Mint since Mint 8 but haven't installed 12. I'm planning on installing it soon.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    petedude wrote: »

I find those two come up often in Google searches for issues, even when they are related to Redhat or some other flavor.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    While installing MySQL from Software Manager tonight, I saw gobs of MySQL packages-- I think maybe even more than Ubuntu had?
    --Will Rogers