Options

Boss and I had a chat 4 days ago

I complain to you guys about 4 weeks ago about the new job I started and I notice that the systems and network admin are pretty much doing what desktop support guys should be doing. My boss and I have a discussion and he told me that he doesn't understand the way thinks are going. It seems like those sys and network admins wants things to go through them that they want my group to focus on receiving calls- help desk task only. And, I told me that I felt the same way. My boss said that he will try to fix it.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It all depends on the environment...

Do you they have other things that they could be doing?
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    jamesbrownjamesbrown Member Posts: 216
    they don't. And, my boss said that too. They don't want to give us the access we need to do our job.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jamesbrown wrote: »
    they don't. And, my boss said that too. They don't want to give us the access we need to do our job.
    Lol, one of those eh icon_rolleyes.gif
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    I will wait and see how everything plays out. I really don't want to do help desk.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Sounds like one of those places where there's so little work, the net admins are worried for their jobs and are trying to stay popular with the user community. Or there's paranoia that they will be trimmed if they aren't doing everything.

Neither of those situations are good. If it's a company of < 500 people, you could stick it out to see where it'll go. Anything bigger than that, get your experience/education/certs and move on.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    We have about 800 employees and I think you nailed it. I started about 6 weeks ago and I knew my first day on the job. Too many people less work. I really like this new job but I'm scared myself. Well, I'll try to get my mcitp: ea asap. Thanks guys.