Options

Passed ROUTE

nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
Passed my ROUTE exam yesterday, big relief. Now onto SWITCH, which will be a big help in my new position. I am studying at a Cisco Networking Academy and it seems most of the students don't take the exams as they cover the material in school, has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A big round of congrats are in order as ROUTE is no easy feat to accomplish. What was the hardest topic for you on the exam and what did you use to study for it? Enjoy the victory and take a little break before you jump into SWITCH (i'm full bore into my SWITCH studies currently).
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    For me the hardest part was OSPF areas and LSA's, I read over it and understood it, but I could never remember it. I used mostly the textbook for school, Implementing Route, but also used the Cisco site quite a bit. I lab quite a bit, usually labbing everything from class at least twice, and then I also wing it and try to build other topologies as well, usually just trying to implement frame-relay into things where it is not covered so well in the lab manual. Good luck on your SWITCH exam, I plan on taking it in March after the quarter ends.
  • Options
    Packet-JockeyPacket-Jockey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done you, starting with Switch myself then on to Route.. big congrats :O
  • Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job, congrats!
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    great job... i'm working on SWITCH myself... bored to death with the advanced services domain.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    great job... i'm working on SWITCH myself... bored to death with the advanced services domain.

You and me both! Going to through everything once more, get a good weekend of labbing in next weekend and taking the test Tuesday, the 16th!
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lac wrote: »
    You and me both! Going to through everything once more, get a good weekend of labbing in next weekend and taking the test Tuesday, the 16th!

Let us know how it goes...taking my stab at SWITCH on the 30th of this month. Good luck y'all!
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    nice work! congrats on the pass.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice work! I am trying to get myself together and start studying again!
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good job, K! All I can say is that it's about time for the man who got me started in tech and pushed me to get my MCSE! You know, now that I think of it, you also pushed me to ask out the woman who is currently my wife! WTF! I owe you a little more than some rep in the TE forum, I guess.