EMC certification or SNIA certification for beginners??

arindam.ari28arindam.ari28 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I dont have much experience in storage.
Can u guys help me? which certification is the best for beginners like me?
I gather some info about EMC proven professional but i dont have any idea about SNIA.
Can u guys pls help me??

Thanks
Arindam

Comments

• QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I believe that the SNIA and Comptia are working on the Storage+ certification. Either or should be good. Maybe do both. They're not going to lead to a storage job though. Those guys are usually higher level administrators with many years of experience.
  • arindam.ari28arindam.ari28 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so as a beginners which 1 i need to do first?? EMC or SNIA???
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    EMC has an entry level certification that isn't really hardware specific... EMCISA. I haven't done the SNIA one so I can't really speak to how it compares with the EMC one. If you want to become an EMC expert in the future, I would do the EMCISA and use the study time there to pick up on general SAN knowledge. If not, then maybe the SNIA one.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • arindam.ari28arindam.ari28 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a ton.. actually i am interested in storage and vitualzation,and already decided join VCP(vmware).