Options

Comptia Healthcare IT Technician Bundle $125

steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just in case anyone else was on the fence about taking it. Comptia has the voucher, and the Element K student manual for $125.

http://offers.comptia.org/hit/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2012_0109_HIT (1)&utm_content=

Gotta use HIT20 for the discount.

Comments

• Options
    Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wasn't even on the fence about this one, but for the price its looking pretty good...
  • Options
    emrsoapemrsoap Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Joshuab009 wrote: »
    I wasn't even on the fence about this one, but for the price its looking pretty good...

Great exam to have for IT professionals entering the healthcare IT space. Will be looking into it as we support physician offices with their technology.
  • Options
    CASierceCASierce Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is this a lifetime certification?
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    steve13ad wrote: »
    Just in case anyone else was on the fence about taking it. Comptia has the voucher, and the Element K student manual for $125.

http://offers.comptia.org/hit/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2012_0109_HIT (1)&utm_content=

What’s the difference between a certification and a certificate? I noticed that that health care IT technician is a certificate exam. Also, like someone elsesaid is it a lifetime certificate?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Well, I'm gonna give this a shot. I got my element k book on Wednesday, it's only like 220 pages (6 chapters). I'm a slow reader and I'm already on Chapter 3. Briefly flipping through the book it doesn't look like it will be too hard. From my understanding and the looks of it so far, it's basically A+, Network+, Security+ mixed in with a general healthcare understanding.

Chapter 1 - Healthcare IT Fundamentals

Chapter 2 - Medical Environment

Chapter 3 - Using IT in the Medical Workplace

Chapter 4 - Healthcare IT Technical Components

Chapter 5 - Providing Medical IT Support

Chapter 6 - Security
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well, I'm gonna give this a shot. I got my element k book on Wednesday, it's only like 220 pages (6 chapters). I'm a slow reader and I'm already on Chapter 3. Briefly flipping through the book it doesn't look like it will be too hard. From my understanding and the looks of it so far, it's basically A+, Network+, Security+ mixed in with a general healthcare understanding.

Chapter 1 - Healthcare IT Fundamentals

Chapter 2 - Medical Environment

Chapter 3 - Using IT in the Medical Workplace

Chapter 4 - Healthcare IT Technical Components

Chapter 5 - Providing Medical IT Support

Chapter 6 - Security

Thanks for the updates
  • Options
    tigermantigerman Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    [FONT=&quot]This exam look like a good one form my research and easy to pass. [/FONT]Expectantly for someone with an A+, Network+ and security + and so actual IT experience. Then this exam shouldn't be much of a challenge. The only problem I have found with this exam is the lack of study material because of this exam being so new.[FONT=&quot]

For anyone think of taking it I would recommend using : [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide: Joy Dark, Jean Andrews: 9780789749291: Amazon.com: Books[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Out of what is actual able for this exam I found this book to be the best one. finding the learn curve to be very minor for this exam. It real Medical Business Operations, Organizational Behavior and Regulatory Requirements objective you need to focus on, with a possible quick review of the rested. Learn the medical terminology, the rested of the objective are really just reviews of security+, Network +and A+ days. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also to answer everyone question The COMPTIA HEALTHCARE IT EXAM is a for life certification. [/FONT]
  • Options
    charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    steve13ad wrote: »

For those interested in taking the CompTia Health IT, here's a voucher for $92. Thinks it's good for until the end of 2013. Read it and make sure. Anyway, here's the link: CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Exam Voucher - Prometric / VUE Healthcare IT Certification Discount Exam Vouchers

Happy New Year to all!
  • Options
    stiltnerstiltner Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For those interested in taking the CompTia Health IT, here's a voucher for $92. Thinks it's good for until the end of 2013. Read it and make sure. Anyway, here's the link: CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Exam Voucher - Prometric / VUE Healthcare IT Certification Discount Exam Vouchers

Happy New Year to all!

I'll do ya one better:

VC22F304919 = 15% off vouchers @ comptiastore.com
    Brings this voucher down to $85.

If you can't find $85 in value in this thing, its probably not meant for you anyway.

That voucher code should work on pretty much every voucher option there for you

CC22F735210 will get you 10% off study material @ the store also.

Enjoy