Options

Transcenders for 70-647

Hey All,
I failed 647 recently.

I was thinking of buying the Transcender + Exam Voucher bundle ($234). It comes with a 6 month pass guarantee. I've used Transcenders in the past and found them to be very challenging.

Has anyone used the Transcenders for 647? Has anyone used the gaurantee before?

Thanks,
Drew

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used Transcender on 680, 648, and 643. I was happy with the first two.

I have never used the guarantee. If it is a six-month guarantee, rather than a "first attempt" guarantee, I don't see much added value. If you fail the test five times, you can't take it for another calendar year. Over six months, I would expect you would take it until you've passed or can no longer take it.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    They call it a "Pass the first time gaurantee" and as long as you take the exam within 6 months of buying the product. Here is what they say:

How Does It Work?
    If you buy a Transcender Cert practice test and fail the corresponding exam within 6 months of activation, simply return the product to us for a full, no-hassle refund.

Thanks,
    Drew
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That seems like a pretty good deal, to be honest. Had I paid for my 70-643 Transcenders (I get access to them through work for free), I would have taken advantage of that deal.

The exam is good enough that I say go for it. The price is steep, but 747 is supposed to be and logically should be one of the toughest of the EA track. If paying for that exam is the difference between having to take it two or more tries, it pretty much pays for itself. If you fail, you get your money back and have already taken full advantage of the product basically for free. Seems like a big win to me.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ptilsen wrote: »
    That seems like a pretty good deal, to be honest. Had I paid for my 70-643 Transcenders (I get access to them through work for free), I would have taken advantage of that deal.

The exam is good enough that I say go for it. The price is steep, but 747 is supposed to be and logically should be one of the toughest of the EA track. If paying for that exam is the difference between having to take it two or more tries, it pretty much pays for itself. If you fail, you get your money back and have already taken full advantage of the product basically for free. Seems like a big win to me.

647 is a combination of 640, 642 and 643. The testlets actually weren't that bad. When I saw that I only failed by a few questions, I had to take it again. Interestingly enough was I got a good portion of 643-type questions on the second exam and did really well...yet I had to take 643 twice after that. LOL.

Selftestsoftware.com was used for both. I used the online access ones so I didn't get the guarantee. I would like to think that it helped out huge for the 647. (I believe the same test bank is used for both STS and Transcenders...since they're owned by Kaplan....just that for whatever reason Transcenders are more expensive...no doubt because of the name.)
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Thanks for the tip! I just looked at STS. They have a 90 day gaurantee (vs 6 months for Transcender), and they have slightly fewer questions in their pack.

I'll have to think it over some more!

Drew