Options

Passed SWITCH

laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Would love to say I aced it and it was easy, but that's not the case. Just barely passed with a 792. Not happy at all with that, but I guess better to barely pass than to barely fail...

Planning on spending some more time on the topics I had trouble with before moving on to the route exam. Almost completely goofed one of the sims by applying the wrong config to the wrong devices. I was done when I had realized it and had to undo everything I had did and reconfigure on the correct devices. Don't think they would have dinged me for that as long as the end result was correct, but not entirely sure.

In any event, good experience, learned a lot and will definitely learn from my mistakes!

Comments

• Options
    Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pass is a pass, congrats icon_cool.gif

...& good idea to go over the things that you think you are a little rusty on before going onto route.
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lac wrote: »
    Would love to say I aced it and it was easy, but that's not the case. Just barely passed with a 792. Not happy at all with that, but I guess better to barely pass than to barely fail...

Planning on spending some more time on the topics I had trouble with before moving on to the route exam. Almost completely goofed one of the sims by applying the wrong config to the wrong devices. I was done when I had realized it and had to undo everything I had did and reconfigure on the correct devices. Don't think they would have dinged me for that as long as the end result was correct, but not entirely sure.

In any event, good experience, learned a lot and will definitely learn from my mistakes!

Well done! Taking SWITCH in a few weeks myself. What areas did you do well on vs. what needed improvement ? What materials did you use to study for SWITCH?

Again big congrats
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! Advanced services, ip sla and vacls were three things that I was definitely not as ready for as I was for everything else. I used OCG and a study guide called CCNP SWITCH Simplified, which was much more thorough than the OCG was. I also used INE, which was ok. Used the Boson practice exams. I goofed on some questions by simply not taking the time to read thoroughly because I was starting to run short on time.