Options

PKP's MCITP:EA Roadbook

PKPPKP Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello fellows, My main objective with this thread is to report you all about my difficulties, hours spent, study adventure and hopefully my achieves, during my path to become MCITP:EA.

First things first. I’m currently studying for 70-640 as it will be my first exam in this crusade. I am a I.T.Technician and I work a lot with Microsoft Operating Systems including server ones. Our (my company) main Server O.S. are Server 2k8, but we still have some of them in 2k3 version. My main goal is to put my 3 year experience in paper, so I can “prove” that I know what I know. Of course I’ll learn a lot, principally in some applications that I usually work with and that’s perfect for me. So, my MCITP:EA path.

After a lot of thinking in the last year of what I should do this year I came to a decision: this will be THE year! I plan to take a lot of exams and my main goal for this year MCITP:EA related is to be MCITP:SA by the end of the year, or at least very close to that. I plan on taking 70-640 by February or so and then study for 70-642. In the meanwhile I will be attending SBS and Microsoft Exchange classes, so I possibly will have to stop Server 2k8 studies to take this technologies.

I’m using the following material for 70-640:
-MS Training Kit 70-640
-CBT Nuggets

For hands-on , I’m using Virtual PC on my main Desktop ( I5-2500k,8GB Memory,500GB Diskspace).

I already started to study for this one before creating this thread so, in this moment I’m on 6th Chapter MS Training Kit ( Group Policy Infrastructure) and so far so good. All the material was a piece of cake as I have some experience with AD.

I’m planning on study 1.5/2hours a weekday and a lot of time during the weekend ( I don’t have a planned schedule for weekend :P)

Well, that’s all for now. Hope you all enjoy reading this thread and be with me in this adventure. Excuse me if I wrote something that you didn’t understand as my native language is not English and I am Portuguese( yeah…we Portuguese still have time to learn :D).

Comments