Options

Passed 70-640 Today

RobinMRobinM Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with a 700. Very lucky. 50 questions.

In hindsight, I'd played around with my labs a bit more, and played with the command line options more. My study and revision had 1 month gap in the middle too.

Used updated R2 MS Press book, labs and prac exams, and nbt nuggets.

This is in Australia.

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    rjirji Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, yeah 700 is a lucky, well done though. I hope to take 70-640 next week.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    HA! Lucky indeed. Congrats!
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome, good one!
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Nice job I did that on the MCITP-EST 623 test 700 on the dot. icon_silent.gif
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    method115method115 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The amount of people who I've seen post saying they scored a 700 exactly has been nothing short of suspicious to say the least.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    method115 wrote: »
    The amount of people who I've seen post saying they scored a 700 exactly has been nothing short of suspicious to say the least.

Why are you suspicious? I would be more suspicious about scores of 1000, rather than 700.
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Why are you suspicious? I would be more suspicious about scores of 1000, rather than 700.

Just seems weird for so many people to get the exact same score in general. Which just happens to be the score needed to pass. It's almost like MS is making it so that people who get close enough get a 700 so they can pass. The only problem with that theory is that would make absolutely no sense business wise for MS.

When I was working on my CCNA I don't think I ever saw two people post the same score. It took me about 8 months to get my CCENT and CCNA so I was reading forums quite a bit (like I do now for my MS certs) and I never saw the same score or at least I don't remember it so it was rare if it did happen.

I actually realized that a lot of people were getting 700's early on but I just figured whatever but after this post it's just to coincidental if you ask me. I have no logical theory or proof that something is going I just feel like something is.
  • Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    There have also been many reports of people failing with scores of 681. Who knows how Microsoft scores the exams though.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    Pishof wrote: »
    There have also been many reports of people failing with scores of 681. Who knows how Microsoft scores the exams though.

Yea the scores probably have something to do with the way MS scores these test.
  • Options
    mcitp_gurumcitp_guru Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I reckon that there is a whole lot more to microsofts exam scoring algorithm than we might assume. Heaps of people scoring smack on 700 indicates to me that they have a very clear system to passing and failing. Each question may not be worth points on your score alone, but infact there may be groups of questions in which for instance if you correctly answer between 5-7 out of 10 you pass that section and 100 points and if you get between 8-10 out of 10 you get that 100 points as well as extra points. So heaps of people scoreing 700 to me indicates that they are pretty much getting 5-7 correct answers in every section and are being graded a "C" which is "just enough" to pass (without flying colors). Interesting discussion anyway.
    Check out my blog for information on the MCITP Certification.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing :)