Options

Chickened out on my 70-642 exam, for now.

coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was supposed to take it on this Wednesday coming up, but I chickened out and changed to to next Monday. I really don't want to fail. I failed 70-640 the first time and I want to be super prepared for this one! /rant
Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!

Comments

• Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldnt call that chickening out. You felt as though you wouldnt be prepared enough. Hopefully youll feel prepared when you do take it and bring a pass!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    coty24 wrote: »
    I was supposed to take it on this Wednesday coming up, but I chickened out and changed to to next Monday. I really don't want to fail. I failed 70-640 the first time and I want to be super prepared for this one! /rant

It's a strategic retreat to assess your options icon_wink.gif Seriously, allowing yourself more time is a good move. I am studying for this one now and it's a bear.
  • Options
    sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nothing to be ashamed about. I think it's a wise move if you don't feel ready. I was going to take this one this month, but life happened and I've had to put off studying for the last 3 months, so I cancelled too. And at 150 bucks a pop it's stupid not to if you're not feeling prepared.
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Don't let it hang to long after the 640 the 642 seemed very easy do it when your ready but you have the hard one whipped btw I got a bunch of IP6 questions on the 642.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    mcitp_gurumcitp_guru Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Haha so you've bought yourself some time over the weekend. I'd just do as many hands on labs as you can, I found it the best way to build confidence that I actually understood what I had read.
    Check out my blog for information on the MCITP Certification.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good call, if you don't feel prepared then don't sit the test. I made that mistake my first go around with the 642, I knew I needed another week and I still took the test and missed it by 1-2 questions. I honestly found the 642 the harder of the two, mostly due to the "I will never use this in the real world" type things it covers. Good luck when you do take the test, look forward to the "I passed" thread. icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! I know I say this alot, but I love this forum! Everything I post either in question form or rant (like this one) I always get excellent responses and support from you guys. It means a lot to me that other people can have the same passion and goal oriented. I'm rambling but what I'm trying to say is thanks.......

----
    About the post i'm still very nervous about the test on monday, but I have to use it to motivate me. Thanks everyone for putting me in the right frame of mind.
  • Options
    Bring back that pass on Monday!
  • Options
    JEFFiqJEFFiq Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to take the 70-642 in a few weeks what is the best study material
  • Options
    JEFFiq wrote: »
    I want to take the 70-642 in a few weeks what is the best study material

1. Download the exam objectives, so you know what to study.
    2. Books: MS Press 642 2nd edition is alright, Server 2008 R2 unleashed, Sybex are good.
    3. Set up a lab: 2 servers running Server 2008 R2 and a couple of clients will get you through most of the labbing.
    4. Quality practice exams to gauge your knowledge and work on weak areas.
    5. Technet to fill in any blanks and for more detailed information.
  • Options
    yay everyone I PASSED! 700/1000 I'm in the 700 club again :) One more test and MCITP:SA. After the 646 I think I'm done with Microsoft
  • Options
    Krunchi wrote: »
    Don't let it hang to long after the 640 the 642 seemed very easy do it when your ready but you have the hard one whipped btw I got a bunch of IP6 questions on the 642.

You are right man, I did wait too long I think. won't make that same mistake twice.
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Bring back that pass on Monday!

Thanks for the motivation man, you always know what to say **tears up**
  • Options
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Good call, if you don't feel prepared then don't sit the test. I made that mistake my first go around with the 642, I knew I needed another week and I still took the test and missed it by 1-2 questions. I honestly found the 642 the harder of the two, mostly due to the "I will never use this in the real world" type things it covers. Good luck when you do take the test, look forward to the "I passed" thread. icon_thumright.gif

If I didn't postpone i'm sure I woulda failed.
  • Options
    yay everyone I PASSED! 700/1000 I'm in the 700 club again :) One more test and MCITP:SA. After the 646 I think I'm done with Microsoft

Very nice! Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If I didn't postpone i'm sure I woulda failed.

Always trust your gut on these things, if you feel you're not ready, then you're not. Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif I think you'll find the 646 to be a bit easier, good luck on your studies i'm sure you'll knock it out of the park.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Always trust your gut on these things, if you feel you're not ready, then you're not. Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif I think you'll find the 646 to be a bit easier, good luck on your studies i'm sure you'll knock it out of the park.

Sounds great to hear! Easier I would like :)
  • Options
    clongdiver79clongdiver79 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Thanks a lot man. Just need the 646 now!