Options

A+ Classes

ev21ev21 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys I'm probably going to be taking the A+ exam sometime withing 6 months. I wanted to know what you guys think about taking classes to prepare for the A+ exam? My school offers me basic, intermediate, and advanced online classes to prepare for the exam. Would that be worth taking?

Comments

• Options
    simonmoonsimonmoon Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Depends on your level of experience.
  • Options
    ev21ev21 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well i have self taught knowledge with computers, but i think it might help to take the classes but i just wanted sure it was worth the time and money since i'm taking something else in school and i would have possibly a hard time trying to study everything in one go
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would pass on the classes if you have prior experience. No sense in spending a ton of money. Get and old cheap system on ebay and fix it!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would just read a few books and watch some videos if you already have some basic knowledge/experience
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    tombelltombell Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also preparing for comptia A+ certification test and i have computer experience to where
    i set up my own home network and about to set up one for my church wirelessly but for me to make this a career i know that i'm going to need more experience also i'm planning to after i get my A+ cert then i'm going for my network. so if you want some one to study with i'm here. I started at the Philadelphia Veterans Multi Service Education center for US VETERANS and started with applications then i went to repair then itook up network as well some virtually