Options

Bit off more than I can chew?

mkenneymkenney Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Background; 50 year old lotus notes developer/application support guy needing to retool myself yet once again. I've been doing more and more support work but mostly application support with some help desk type of support thrown in here and there. Company is small so the word Enterprise has never been in my vocabulary. Doing a roll out of Windows 7 meant running around the office over a weekend configuring our 2 dozen workstations. We use 2003 & 2008 servers but that's only so we can run Domino servers on top of them... You get the idea.

I'm taking classes at my local CC this Spring and the first covers 70-680 & 70-685. Being painfully aware of my real world inadequacies I just built a whitebox to use as a virtual lab. I'm in the process of configuring (lots of learning going on) a Win 2008 R2 server and a couple of Win 7 Pro clients.

For those of you, younger more savvy types what think you? I need some mental support here as I'm starting to feel overwhelmed reading all these tales of woe as to the difficulty of these exams. What additional "free" sources of information would you gurus point me to.

Appreciate any guidance and words of wisdom,
Mike

Comments