Options

New Guy

jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
new to the forums,i'm currently studying for my net+ exam, took a two week course in school and i have 3 weeks before i start school agian on the MCSE:security track, so i really want to get my net+ out of the way,

any advice?

you're sure to see me lingering about these forums, nice place from what i can see icon_wink.gif
get back to studying!!!

Comments

• Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Make sure you know your OSI model and TCP ports. You should be fine
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    thanks
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    RamsesKRamsesK Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you just found the best place so far to study icon_wink.gif i strongly recommend the technotes from this site, read them, do the available test and with the preparation you already have and this material you will be fine for your exam.

GOOD LUCK! icon_wink.gif
    Formule One Racing Addict...
  • Options
    thank you for the advice and encouragement
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    My advice is here.

GL
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    yes..i recommend technotes!It is really good...
  • Options
    thanskf fellas, there is just so much to learn, i'm gonna focus on one topic at a time, and tackle what i think i need

osi-harware, protocals used and different levels

ports

media hardware-speeds, uses, connections

more and more protocals,

when i take practice tests i always seem to do good on troubleshooting
    but lack in media implementations sometimes, ports, and different protocals/hardware used on what level of the osi, but i plan to study hard so thanks guys
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Hi there! Jump on the bandwagon! I'm currently 3/4 finished studying for the Network+. Wish you luck.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    thanks, same to you

what's your method

one subject at a time or all at once?
    i mean, do you focus on a subject until you got it down or do you just continue to study all objectives on the exams over and over and over and..... well you get what i mean right icon_wink.gif
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I'm probably jumping into this thread a bit late but I found studying Chapter by Chapter throughly (once a week) worked for me.

I remember the OSI model being the second chapter. I think understanding the OSI model is really importent. Once you understand what each layer is for, it's quite easy to imagine where protocols belong.

Also, a great way I found to remember the OSI model is "APST / NDP"
    Think of it as two acronyms. I thought this was way better then the sausage nonsense.

Also, I remember chapters about transmission media/category #/standards near the beginning of the book, I thought this was a pain in the ass to remember and I didn't remmeber a lot of it, but a lot of the things came through near the ending of my studying book. As for ports, I never remembered a lot of the common ones other then FTP/Telnet/HTTP. I found TechExams port quiz helped out greatly :)

Good luck on your way!
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    thanks fellas, yall are really a great help and encouragement
    get back to studying!!!