Options

Making your own product

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
Has anyone ever thought abou this. I have made 2 in the past 4 months and sometimes I'm thinking I should take seriously as I feel I could do a superior job at it.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
  • Options
    I"ve made a conference server which can run as a conferencing service, and the other one is classified.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What makes your products different from anyone else? Long term what stops anyone else from copying your idea and putting you out of business.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GAngel wrote: »
    What makes your products different from anyone else? Long term what stops anyone else from copying your idea and putting you out of business.

This happens with all products... not really a valid question. Competition is what drives everything and eventually folks can just copy. The best companies keep innovating so that they either make the product better, have superior service, or improve the value proposition by making the product less expensive. In terms of economics, you reach a point where you can only have an "economic profit" which means that the ownership can only make what they need to keep the product ongoing, addition profit is no longer attainable. It is an equilibrium, so to speak. In other words, when it is commoditized, anyone can make it and the value is essentially the same regardless of the seller.

This is the case with fuel (gasoline and other petroleum products), which makes boycotting a specific vendor (BP, Citgo, etc) or a producing nation (like Venezuela or Iran) a moot point. Since it is a commodity and is sold on an open market, if you boycott one, they can just sell to someone else and it will eventually make it back into the general market.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    GAngel wrote: »

My other product is targeted for a certain demographic of business and I plan on Integrating a lot of the popular Open source tools and combining them with the latest technology to provide a cheaper stable product, with way lower support cost than current vendors. I made a pretty decent mock up of it, but there are some other things I need to work out, but its comparable with something my current employeer sales.

As far as someone jacking me for it, its a part of the game.
    Currently Reading