Started Nov 17 2011 - Help with CCNP TSHoot.

MoeeedMoeeed Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Long Story Short.

I passed CCNA Back in June 2011.

I work a terrible Tech Support Job so I started to Study hard and become CCNP to earn decent living and not stop @ CCNP I will go all the way to CCIE R & S.

My first day of CCNP Studies seriously sitting down was Nov 17, Today January 17, 2012 I passed CCNP Switch.

The CCNP Switch was 40 questions and my first question was a Lab, LACP/STP combo.
I spend about 45 minutes and I thought I was a goner but the rest of piece of cake as I walked away with 945.

I passed CCNP Route with 988 however I found the CCNP Route exam MUCH MUCH MUCH (yes 3) easier. CCNP Route was done before switching.

On CCNP Switch I took a gamble on Wireless/VoIP and QOS Stuff. I am glad I passed.

I would like someone to assist me in the direction of CCNP TShoot. I would like to get it done asap.

My plan is one week review of CCNP Route Material and side by side Switching Review.

Please advise and thank you for reading.

Comments

• rob2011rob2011 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Take the TSHOOT exam as soon as you can schedule it. Just study the topology you can find on ciscos site. If you google TSHOOT demo you can take a practice exam with 4 tickets on it that is exactly like the real test. I passed SWITCH on the 12th and passed TSHOOT on the 16th. I recommend you study the demo and topology and take the exam.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    exactly what rob2011 said above. do a quick refresher of the material you are rusty on, study the topology off cisco's site and run the demo to get a feel for how the exam works and go in and slay it.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you go through the demos and practice lab scenarios it should be sufficient. Expect fewer multiple choice questions and several labs in the exam.

Wish you good luck!
  • MoeeedMoeeed Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just came back after writing CCNP TShoot.

Passed with 945 and did not prepare at all, just broke down and understood the Cisco's Topologies and passed.

The exam was very easy, I did spent 10 mins learning the TShoot demo.

I think they had one question wrong on the Exam regarding a vlan Access Map.

the Vlan access map for specifically blocking hosts however instead of Distribution switch the WRONG answer was on Access Layer Switch. I think thats the one I probably got wrong.

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I need a good job!!! and move to CCIE.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Moeeed wrote: »
    Just came back after writing CCNP TShoot.

Passed with 945 and did not prepare at all, just broke down and understood the Cisco's Topologies and passed.

The exam was very easy, I did spent 10 mins learning the TShoot demo.

I think they had one question wrong on the Exam regarding a vlan Access Map.

the Vlan access map for specifically blocking hosts however instead of Distribution switch the WRONG answer was on Access Layer Switch. I think thats the one I probably got wrong.

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I need a good job!!! and move to CCIE.

Congrats man...so you did the entire CCNP in two months? You must have been studying all day every day to pull that off!
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    vinbuck wrote: »
    Congrats man...so you did the entire CCNP in two months? You must have been studying all day every day to pull that off!

Completed CCNP in two months - WOW!

Very good going, you must have years of experience to be able to pull that off?

My 3 months per exam seems a bit lazy now icon_sad.gif
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
    no guys I work is a **** job. Tech Support for 13.85 per hour. I got sick and tired and put away my xbox 360. Stopped exercising.

Hehe my best method was, I would learn a technology and then go labs in GNS3, now the thing I did different was not to get the stuff working, but knowingly break the stuff to see what happens.

I have Skyrim sitting here, now time to play and hopefuly get a better job.

Thanks for the support guys.
    I will also show you the method of my study, just gvie me some time.

here, since there was a lot of material to cover, I used walls in the basement just to remind myself that I covered this stuff.

There is another pic with RSTP, Backup and Alternate Port .... hehe.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    So wait, it did take you 2 months for SWITCH or for the entire CCNP? When did you pass ROUTE?

Anyways congrats and I like those walls you got! That's awesome. I have a smallish whiteboard that I use a lot, but then it fills right up.. I'd love to have a whole wall as a white board
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
    Yes it did take my since Nov 17, I think I passed Route in early December, and then I wasted several days in December due to Holidays and family being home. and then I got back on the horse on Jan 2 and I passed Switch and TShoot within a week.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Very nice. So you going for CCIE now? That should probably only take you 5-6 months at that pace lol
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
    Yes I Hope so but man I only have Cisco 3550 and GNS3. I need a better job to get some equiptment.

btw I was checking your SIG, Network Warrior and CBT Nuggets are very helpfull. Network Warrior is like a Networking Dictionary, it gives you the precise and quick definition and an example. Highly recommended to anyone and everyone.